lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
dece1416
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone know the correct direction for the speed magnet

Hey guys,
Just installed my magnet yesterday. Got 3 mph more on a slight downhill and 1 mph on a very slight uphill. Not too pleased with these results. I installed the magnet both directions. Couldn't find any info anywhere including from where I bought on which direction it goes on.

You guys know the correct direction? Does the plastic side face the motor or does it face the sensor (toward the wheel)? Looks like I got the little bit of results with the magnet facing outward toward the sensor and wheel. Seems like a waste of money. I may return it and put the 45 bucks toward the dealer fee and get the # 4 speed.

I was only getting 13mph before the magnet. So i'm probably dialed in at a # 2 speed. All the write ups about this magnet is the machines are jumping at least 3 or 4 mph. I only got about 1 mph maybe 2. The battery was at full charge during my testing with and without the magnet in.
dece1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Anyone know the correct direction for the speed magnet

Should not matter.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dece1416 View Post
Hey guys,
Just installed my magnet yesterday. Got 3 mph more on a slight downhill and 1 mph on a very slight uphill. Not too pleased with these results. I installed the magnet both directions. Couldn't find any info anywhere including from where I bought on which direction it goes on.

You guys know the correct direction? Does the plastic side face the motor or does it face the sensor (toward the wheel)? Looks like I got the little bit of results with the magnet facing outward toward the sensor and wheel. Seems like a waste of money. I may return it and put the 45 bucks toward the dealer fee and get the # 4 speed.

I was only getting 13mph before the magnet. So i'm probably dialed in at a # 2 speed. All the write ups about this magnet is the machines are jumping at least 3 or 4 mph. I only got about 1 mph maybe 2. The battery was at full charge during my testing with and without the magnet in.
Honestly, I would just go with the speed code 4. In my opinion, a bone stock cart with code 4 performs great. It is plenty fast and has pretty good hill pulling power.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
dece1416
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. I thought this cheap way might work. I will do the speed code 4 now. Just an inconveinance having to take a day off to trailer the cart to the dealer, but I need more speed out of this thing.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I tried the magnet, (not for my cart) "stupid tax". I then took my cart to the local dealer. They took serial number from cart and controller, month or so later they called for me to bring cart by to be programed. They said club car had given them the wrong information. Two days later picked up cart. No charge for not installing code 4. Last week ordered speedy link from Internet. It came yesterday and I installed it in about 15 minutes. Cart was topping out at 14-15 on level ground, sometimes would hit 16 going down hill. (Garmin aviation GPS). Now I get 21-22 on level ground. Same hill as before I got 26. This was after playing 18 holes of golf on the battery charge. No more stupid tax.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
dece1416
Not Yet Wild

Mrgolf, Do you know what speed code your cart was set to before you took it in to cc? Probably 3 i'm thinking.

Is there a certain model of Precedent you need to have for speedy link? I have an 08 precedent electric IQ.

Where did you buy your speedy link? I'm getting 13 mph on level ground so I'm assuming my speed code is set at # 2. Looks like you jumped up about 6mph with your speedy link. My goal is to be at your speed of 20-21mph, but I probably won't get that with the speedy link or speed code 4.

Guess speed code 4 or speedy link are my two choices.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

My cart was set to code 3. The club where I play got a fleet of new ezgo's in the spring and they are all set to about 15-16 mph. I wanted to be able to run a little faster than them. The speed sensor seemed like and I guess it is a governor. The speedylink fools the controller into not seeing your speed somehow. I have not got to play around with the cart much yet but I am wondering if I will have any pedal up braking. Also the roll away braking may be gone. I'll have to be real careful to set the brake if it is. Some of our tee boxes are on hills.

OBTW Speedylink says if you have an IQ with a tow/run switch this product will work on your cart.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
dece1416
Not Yet Wild

Great info thanks! I"m going to return my magnet and get the link for now and see how that works.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Update, The roll away braking is working just fine. The pedal up braking works if you get going fast enough, (I thinking somewhere above 25mph) I did not have the gps with me today.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
dece1416
Not Yet Wild

I see. Anyone know if theres any benefit to keep the magnet if you going to upgrade to private speed code 4??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car