lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default gas pedal hesitation-worsen

I am pretty sure i know ~but here goes.Snapping the pedal quickly- brings back normal operation of the gas pedal.for a little while[mine]. Been doing that little to often. This a 2002 CC What part do i buy? ...or can i repair this pedal with new parts ..Seems i heard here~ It What they call a swiping pedal or??

THANKS much for any good info! bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2019, 11:00 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: gas pedal hesitation-worsen

Bob is that an IQ cart or do you have an MCOR? You would see it under the cart on the passenger side in the frame. An elongated black box with a metal rod going to it and wires coming out the side of it.

If not, then you should have a MSP/V-glide which is a pie shaped contraption inside the battery box near the front.

Which one is it?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #3
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Question Re: gas pedal hesitation-worsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Bob is that an IQ cart or do you have an MCOR? You would see it under the cart on the passenger side in the frame. An elongated black box with a metal rod going to it and wires coming out the side of it.

If not, then you should have a MSP/V-glide which is a pie shaped contraption inside the battery box near the front.

Which one is it?
Hello NoleF4E! I checked out this CC- the black box- with the wires coming out of it- Are what I have .Is that MCOR? Bob s
Old 07-06-2019, 05:17 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Bob, a 2002 DS would have an MCOR on it regardless of drive system, as long as it's a 48 volt car. If it's a 36 volt car, it won't. If yours is a 48 volt cart, you'll need to replace the MCOR with the MCOR4. The MCOR4 conversion kit contains everything you need, including a new MCOR4. The part number is AM293101.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:31 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Hello NoleF4E! I checked out this CC- the black box- with the wires coming out of it- Are what I have .Is that MCOR? Bob s
Yes, that would be an MCOR. Those were the original and yours has a worn out potentiometer in it. Very common after 17 years of use..

CC quit making that MCOR years ago in favor of the new design MCOR4 and requires a conversion kit as David referenced above. Find it here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...conversion-kit and it will contain everything you need to make it state of the art with today's models.....And this one is an OEM original and will be backed by Mr. Hicks....
Old 07-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #6
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you guys! very much for your help. I just looked at it "Mr hicks."I have built 25 or so kustom kars have only 3 left.What am getting at ~~I am mechanically inclined. Would this be an install problem?. Should i get a shop to do it? Question is It appears to have lots of parts! thanks bob s
ps; can most anyone remove the bad- and install the new, very easily?

MCOR 4
Old 07-07-2019, 11:41 AM   #7
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Thank you guys! very much for your help. I just looked at it "Mr hicks."I have built 25 or so kustom kars have only 3 left.What am getting at ~~I am mechanically inclined. Would this be an install problem?. Should i get a shop to do it? Question is It appears to have lots of parts! thanks bob s
ps; can most anyone remove the bad- and install the new, very easily?

MCOR 4
Contact David at RevloutionGolfcars.com and pick up the conversion kit he mentions above. If you’re mechanically inclined it is an easy fix. I’m confident you can do it if you put in the effort. Contact Dave or another site sponsor and they will hook you up.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:44 AM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

It should be just slightly more complicated than changing a tail light. Unbolt the MCOR screw the new one in and plug in electric. No adjustments and away you go unless you buy a cheap import. Be sure to buy a expensive import.
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:45 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Jack the cart up or place it on blocks. First timer will be done in 30 minutes to 1 hours with taking your time.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:31 AM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Since your cart already has a pre-existing MCOR on it now, the kit is going to be very simple to install. It's the Pre-MCOR to MCOR4 conversion kit that is a little bit more involved. You're one of the more fortunate ones who has an MCOR to start with. As NoleFan said, 30 minutes to an hour at the most. The kit comes with a full set of factory instructions. It's very simple.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car