lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2022, 10:16 PM   #1
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive vs. Drive 2

Is the 48v electric drive and drive 2 suspension and frame the same? I see some lift kits that say they will fit both and some that just say it will fit the drive.

Has anybody found parts that are interchangeable between the drive and drive 2?
sprig72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2022, 07:17 AM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Drive vs. Drive 2

I noticed the same thing and found that they are close but not identical.
I installed the same lift kit on a Drive 1 and 2. The Drive 1 was fine. I had to do a little bending and cutting to get the same kit on the Drive 2.
The shock mounts were the problem.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:21 AM   #3
Dr_Greenthumb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I just installed a Jakes long travel lift kit (on website states G29 "Drive") on Drive 2, electric. NO bending, welding, cutting, etc. went on seamless. From what I understand is that Yamaha went from a rear solid suspension to a rear independent suspension at some point from 2017+.
Dr_Greenthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:52 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Greenthumb View Post
From what I understand is that Yamaha went from a rear solid suspension to a rear independent suspension at some point from 2017+.
Only on the QuieTechs
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #5
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ya the gas powered quitechs have a completely different rear suspension. Good to hear the Jakes long travel worked. I was looking at the same kit. It seems like body panel and interior is different but on the electric model a lot has not changed. I installed new rear shocks with Jakes HD springs installed and was for a G22. Same length shock and fits frame like it was meant to be there.
Old 02-22-2022, 09:31 PM   #6
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Have either one of you put new controllers on your carts yet? I am wondering what your performance upgrade was. I just ordered wires and will be putting on a Navitas 600amp AC controller on mine. Mine is a fleet cart so 13mph is my max.
Old 02-23-2022, 10:54 AM   #7
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have a 2017 Drive2, which was also a fleet cart. I went with an Alltrax 400amp controller and heavy duty solenoid as an initial upgrade. My cart went from 13mph to 23/24mph with that alone. Stock Hitachi motor held up for just under a year before dying. Budget for and expect the motor to puke at some point.

When mine died I upgraded to an Admiral D2, which took me to 28mph with two adults and one 80lbs kid on a fresh charge. My batteries are under a year old and I've got the 6/8volt setup. I'm going to add some 2ga wires but I got distracted with other projects (amps and speakers install with a dedicated deep cycle battery just for the stereo setup) so the wires got pushed to the back burner for a bit. I'll do the wires this summer.
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 10:57 AM   #8
jayhrc51
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I should also mention that my cart is riding on an aftermarket wheel/tire combo that is slightly larger than the factory diameter, which gave me a small bump in speed. I did the wheels at the same time as the controller so I'm not sure what my speed would be without the new wheels and just the controller by itself.
jayhrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:13 PM   #9
sprig72
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is your cart with the AC or DC motor? I have the 5kw AC motor in mine. Any way to get you to post some pictures of the stereo system?
Old 02-26-2022, 11:23 PM   #10
doug527
Not Yet Wild

Not sure why to bother installing a stereo system on a cart...I have two bluetooth speakers that pair in stereo that sit in the left and right storage compartments of the dash.. The only draw back is if I parked at a public place Id have to take speakers with me, and that I can only stream...Can't play my vinyl
doug527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha