lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2023, 11:33 AM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: DIY Battery build

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Looking at the last picture it appears that you ran the main pack positive and negatives from the far end of the pack. Any reason?
I noticed this too but guess it made it easier to get the connections from point A to point B with less stress on the cables and connections.. I would likely have done the same.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2023, 11:39 AM   #12
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
Curious on final weight of this build including the wood enclosure.
my guess based on the cell weight is 75-80lbs... each cell is about 4.4lbs heres a source for the specs on the cells.https://www.docanpower.com/index.php...scription=true

For those looking to build their own, I'm going to mention not all these cells are the same. I went with the smaller 90ah eve cells specifically because Not only are they cheaper, but they have a much higher 3c continuous discharge current meaning they can safely output 270amps vs the 105amp continuous output rating of these cells. The 100ah cells are also 3c.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:28 PM   #13
netw0rks
Not Yet Wild

I have the same cells and bus bars, and I ordered them from 18650 too. I didn't get those threaded posts though. I got little bolts. Did the posts come with yours?
netw0rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:25 PM   #14
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I didn't get those threaded posts though. I got little bolts.
One of my sets of batteries had those little bolts (4mm). You got to be very careful because you can rip the aluminum threads out very easily. That set of batteries is now my solar batteries.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:28 PM   #15
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
One of my sets of batteries had those little bolts. You got to be very careful because you can rip the aluminum threads out very easily. That set of batteries is now my solar batteries.
I got my aliexpress cells today.. posts are welded to the cells. I like this better so far than the screw in studs the eve cells came with. I never had the studs strip but I was worried it would happen when assembling.
Old 01-12-2023, 10:34 PM   #16
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yours look like 6mm. Using those 4mm bolts I think I wound up replacing about half of them with 6mm heli-coils.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:03 AM   #17
Davids29
Not Yet Wild

I ordered stainless studs , nuts, and lock washers. You can better torque a stud than a bolt, as the more you stack on, the less thread you get with a bolt. That being said, 3 still pulled out. The M4 is pretty tiny. I helicoiled the 3 that pulled out. As a project one weekend, I might just helicoil them all. I wish they came with M6 or M8 instead.
Davids29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:06 AM   #18
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids29 View Post
I ordered stainless studs , nuts, and lock washers. You can better torque a stud than a bolt, as the more you stack on, the less thread you get with a bolt. That being said, 3 still pulled out. The M4 is pretty tiny. I helicoiled the 3 that pulled out. As a project one weekend, I might just helicoil them all. I wish they came with M6 or M8 instead.
You may already know this but the reason they come with the smaller m4 is they are not intended to have large buss bars as they are only built for small C load power (105 amp) systems.

The isue im going to possibly have is my bussbars plus ring terminals for my bms is going to be well over 1/4" thick which I hope leaves a decent amount of threads for my bolts.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:18 PM   #19
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking for the size specifics on these cells. Need to build a pack. Need to see if my hardware from my defunct leaf pack will work and how I need to fit it in my cart.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:48 AM   #20
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthru View Post
Looking for the size specifics on these cells. Need to build a pack. Need to see if my hardware from my defunct leaf pack will work and how I need to fit it in my cart.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
These cells are rated for 1c or 100amps continuous... they are not intended for ev applications. The cells that are usually are shorter and wider in dimensions and rated for 3c discharge current
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car