lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
chunk
Not Yet Wild

Default Predator 420 into Club Car

Ok guys, I have zero experience with gas carts. I have built a pair G16 electric Yamahas and they are awesome, but this is my first club car and my first gas engine (in a cart).

Long story short, my Uncle gave my father a Club Car before he passed away. It has no engine, starter, fuel tank, etc. It is painted up all flames and looks cool....but its devoid of any power.

We would like to install a Predator 420cc engine and use it with the electric start. ie, use a key to start and kill the engine rather than a generator/starter/automatic setup.

I can build a motor mount, do the witring, move the starter switch to the dash, route the exhaust, etc....The problem is, I have no idea where to begin on the clutches.

The stock driven clutch is still there and I would like to find a drive clutch that will match it and work smoothly.

My goal here is not to build a hot rod....but i also dont want it to be a turd.

My original plan was wo install a Yamaha V-star 1100 engine/trans and have a beast, but it looks like i am gong to just build myself a bike to get back and forth to work.

Any help, links, or ideas appreciated. I am stuck at work all weekend, but maybe next weekend I can get some pics and get them posted.
chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car