lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2023, 07:16 AM   #41
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT GAS starting but not turning over

In the second video, are you trying to start the engine? If so, there seems to be no movement of the throttle butterfly.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2023, 08:33 AM   #42
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
In the second video, are you trying to start the engine? If so, there seems to be no movement of the throttle butterfly.
I noticed the same thing Cartmaster. That's why I asked him to see if it was opening wide open with key off. More than once this has fooled people on why they won't crank.
Maybe he can help us out on this by showing it opening.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 03:55 PM   #43
TigrDsignr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So, the spark plugs we put in it are the ones that the manual called for. Come to find out, the Ohms were too high and we replaced the plugs. For now, it is running.
TigrDsignr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 09:33 PM   #44
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigrDsignr View Post
So, the spark plugs we put in it are the ones that the manual called for. Come to find out, the Ohms were too high and we replaced the plugs. For now, it is running.
So which plugs did the manual call for ? BP4ES is the spark plug that is supposed to be in the engine.
Three weeks ago you said you tested the spark plugs in post number 5 . Now you say you tested them and the Ohms were too high ?
I am confused. You sure different spark plugs made this engine run.
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 01:33 AM   #45
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

The plugs I saw in the video were NGK BPR but could not see the number. I always used the BPR plugs in that engine and never had an issue. BPR4 OR 5 ES were my go to plugs with these carts as they helped cut down any radio interference. Never had one not run fine with them.
I am also curious regarding what plugs were in it before you originally replaced them along with the other parts after it stopped running.
I also do not understand that it was running fine, you went to drive it and did not run. Then down the line, you say you found the valve timing was off.
Is there something else you have not mentioned? As I think I said previously, I have never seen a belt jump a tooth on one of these and I have been doing this a while now.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 02:05 PM   #46
TigrDsignr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So, the NGK BPR4ES is what we replaced the plugs that were in it with. Unfortunately, the original plugs we pulled out, we threw away so I can’t say what was in it. I will have to look to see what was replaced yesterday as I did not buy them. The guy that has been helping me with it came and got the box of all the old parts we replaced and had already gotten the new spark plugs. When he got back to the cart, the only thing he changed was the plugs and it started running. Even before when it was running, you had to choke it to get it to start and it had a jack rabbit start - neither of these are happening now. My only issue at this point is trying to quiet it down a little more and getting the brakes to stop better. I’ve had a knee replacement in my right knee and total ACL reconstruction in the left knee and it is hard for me to push down hard enough to get it to stop. And the spark plugs have always sparked, just didn’t seem to when in the whole. Seems that they were coming in at 5-8 Ohms, which I understand the higher the Ohms, the harder it is to start, which is what led to the change in plugs again.
TigrDsignr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO