lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2022, 01:44 AM   #11
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo 4 stroke cdi conversion

I just went back through all my training manuals and found this reference to the ignition systems. Obviously it does not cover the MCI engines.

Just thought it might make interesting reading LOL. I tried to turn the file but for some reason it keeps ending up sideways.

20220613_072832.jpg

Maybe I got it right this time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220613_073743.jpg (363.1 KB, 0 views)
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #12
mpyrol
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I ran the GM ignition module like some do on the 2 strokes. You could tell by engine behavior that the timing was not advancing and eventually it got worse. It had little power and backfire at takeoff. If this fails the only thing left is the pulsar and different ones are available. This could be tricky but this one works fine. I will tinker more with this later, I will post the wiring.

Brian
mpyrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 12:24 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

@ mpyrol.

At last, someone has come back to us with an honest evaluation using a high energy ignition module. The two stokes would be fine on this as they dont need ignition advance but conclusively they do not work well on the four strokes.

I think we will wait to see how the GY6 module compares.

It would also be interesting to see what voltage an MCI pulser puts out and if the GY6 module would make this engine run too. I guess at this stage, not knowing the exact differences between MCI and pre MCI ignition systems apart from timing, and different pulser impedance only trial and error will prove anything.
Old 06-15-2022, 12:35 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
I just went back through all my training manuals and found this reference to the ignition systems. Obviously it does not cover the MCI engines.

Just thought it might make interesting reading LOL. I tried to turn the file but for some reason it keeps ending up sideways.

Attachment 230274

Maybe I got it right this time.
What is that white thing with the words on it? Haven’t seen one of those in years.

You’re showing your age now
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:38 AM   #15
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Neither have I LOL. I found it down in the back of my office in a box marked EZGO training manuals. its called a preventative maintenance and basic repair manual. Not sure what that means to be honest, but it made interesting reading!

I had a rummage through the box and found all sorts of good stuff. All the tech service manuals for 2 and 4 stroke gas, electric series, PDS, DCS KFC, PYT, PMT, you name it its all there right up to 2013, when I officially retired from the trade! I probably have more of this stuff than Textron.

I made those ones up LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO