lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 AM   #11
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Mapping Alltrax SPM400

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Since the Alltrax can accept up to 60v max why don't you run 7 Leaf modules in series for 53v nominal (58.8v max)?
Cause 34MPH is fast enough!
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2015, 07:34 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

For now

The speed bug will creep up on you.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 AM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjylafond View Post
So sorry, forgot you were high speed motor and gears.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
JohnnieB: Once I put the Leaf Lithium batteries in, acceleration was not a problem in this cart (also understand the fully charged Lithium pack charges to 42 volts). It would spin the tires on grass and occasionally on asphalt. I assume this is a combination of the weight loss (almost 400 pounds) from the lighter pack and going to 1/0 cables from 4 guage. I just figured since the new Alltrax looks like it is going to be easier to program than my old one, someone might have some suggestions on a profile that may be better than the stock settings.
With stock height tires (18") and stock gears (12.44:1) a golf cart applies about 16.6 pounds of linear force where rubber meets road for every Ft/Lb of torque the motor generates while your set-up applies about 7.2 pounds. The reduction in weight, reduces traction, so the tires are easier to spin.

On a brighter note, the reduced weight also allows the cart to accelerate faster.

The "Throttle Rate" determines how fast the controller output ramps up to max, so moving the slider to the right will make it ramp up faster. It won't produce any more torque, it only applies max amps to motor sooner. If the tires spin, back it off. If the motor gets too hot, back it off.

Checking the Peak Amps Mode box allows the controller to pass 460A under some conditions.

Max Motor Amps and Max Battery Amps sliders also limit the amps the motor is allowed to draw.

The nice thing about the SPM programming is that you can save the settings and revert back to them if the new setting don't work out.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:43 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You are only spinning your high-speed motor at ~3400 RPM, so if ~34 MPH is all the speed you want, you might have the wrong motor for your application.

A Standard speed/torque motor will reach that RPM at the voltage you are using and a High-Torque motor might also. Both will give you more low end torque and acceleration. (and tire spin - )

Also, upping the pack voltage will up the torque throughout the RPM range and you might be able to program the controller to limit the top speed. (You can with an AXE, I'm not sure with a SPM)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The spm does everything the old controls did - better and more
Example
AXE has 1/2 speed reverse option. SPM has variable % slide adjustment. Perfect for taking a little something off without crippling the cart in reverse.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM   #17
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
With stock height tires (18") and stock gears (12.44:1) a golf cart applies about 16.6 pounds of linear force where rubber meets road for every Ft/Lb of torque the motor generates while your set-up applies about 7.2 pounds. The reduction in weight, reduces traction, so the tires are easier to spin.

On a brighter note, the reduced weight also allows the cart to accelerate faster.

The "Throttle Rate" determines how fast the controller output ramps up to max, so moving the slider to the right will make it ramp up faster. It won't produce any more torque, it only applies max amps to motor sooner. If the tires spin, back it off. If the motor gets too hot, back it off.

Checking the Peak Amps Mode box allows the controller to pass 460A under some conditions.

Max Motor Amps and Max Battery Amps sliders also limit the amps the motor is allowed to draw.

The nice thing about the SPM programming is that you can save the settings and revert back to them if the new setting don't work out.
That's the kind of info I'm looking for, thanks JohnnieB!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #18
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You are only spinning your high-speed motor at ~3400 RPM, so if ~34 MPH is all the speed you want, you might have the wrong motor for your application.

A Standard speed/torque motor will reach that RPM at the voltage you are using and a High-Torque motor might also. Both will give you more low end torque and acceleration. (and tire spin - )

Also, upping the pack voltage will up the torque throughout the RPM range and you might be able to program the controller to limit the top speed. (You can with an AXE, I'm not sure with a SPM)
I originally thought I'd burned up my high speed motor, so I've got the original standard motor in it right now. I'm going to try it out when I get the new controller in tonight (anxiously awaiting UPS guy - website says "on vehicle for delivery today")!
Old 02-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #19
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
(anxiously awaiting UPS guy - website says "on vehicle for delivery today")!
Since you are really looking forward to it the UPS truck won't arrive till 6pm tonight.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Or when it's too cold to play.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO