lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
Rgretzinger
Not Yet Wild

Default Help l'm at a loss?

So I am resurecting a cart that was left for dead even though when it was last used 3-4 months ago the engine ran fine. I knew it needed a new fuel pump so I ordered a high volume one of those as well as getting a new battery. I put both of those on last night along with all new rule lines and filters and ran new gas through it and it ran like a champ. I pumped out the old gas from the tank and put in one gallon gas with the appropriate amount of stabil. Ran it again just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the line in the tank. It ran great. I woke up this morning and low and behold the pump isn't working. I disconnected it from the carb and stepped on the gas. No fuel coming out. I disconnected the vacuum line which worked greta last night. Nothing. So I'm at a loss. I guess it's possible that the pumped failed that fast but really? What am I missing.

On for problem #2. Since I couldn't figure out the pump issue I decided on getting rid of some old wiring for a horn and some lights which are far from gone. I cleaned it all up and went to hit the gas again and now I don't have any electrical either. No back up horn, which I guess I might have just removed now that I think about it. So I removed a fiamm horn and a realay that went with it. Does this all have to be connected for the engine to turn over? I am not exactly a mechanic but I ought to have the ability to get this thing running. I just need some pointing in the right direction. Thanks ahead of time.
Rgretzinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
Rgretzinger
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help l'm at a loss?

So i think I removed the backup horn. If I removed this I am thinking there might be an open circuit some where. On the gear selector there is a red wire that is capped. If I don't use the horn where does this need to go?

Old 07-12-2015, 07:55 AM   #3
Rgretzinger
Not Yet Wild

OK, So back up horn is still there, I just removed an aux horn. Got the fuel pump issue figured out now I need your electrical help.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:25 PM   #4
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

You need to let the forum members know the brand, model and year of your cart. More members will be around after the weekend,

And welcome to the forum.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
Rgretzinger
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. 2001 Club Car DS.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:07 PM   #6
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

There is a 10 amp (the only fuse) in the Electrical Component Box Under the seat on the drivers side. See if this fuse is blown.

Below I posted a link to a 2001/2002 DS illustrated parts list manual, there is a wiring diagram in it.

[URL="http://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ecq/2001-2002-DS-GOLF-CARS.pdf"]http://mobilicab.com/F4hxm7zhX073ecq/2001-2002-DS-GOLF-CARS.pd
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

The reverse "BEEPER" IS CONTROLLED 9N THE SELECTOR WERE YOU ARE, NOT SURE THE COLOR, BUT IT WILL SIMPLY UNPLUG. THE BEEPER IS UNDER THE DASH BEHIND THE KEY SWITCH.
AS FAR AS THE FUEL PUMP ISSUE..... IF YOU ARE RUNNING A STOCK, OR ANY PULSE DRIVEN PUMP FROM THE ENGINE MAKE SURE THERE IS NO DROOP OR TO MUCH LINE FORMING A DROOP, YOU WANT ENOUGH TO ALLOW IT TO FLEX, BUT ENOUGH TO KEEP ALL THE OIL GOING DOWN, IF IT HAS TO MUCH, OIL SITES IN IT, AND THE PULSE WILL NOT GET TO THE PUMP. ALSO VERIFY IT'S HOOKED CORRECTLY, AND MAKE SURE YOUR TANK VENT IS WORKING, IT NEED TO BREATHE TOO, SIMPLE TEST, UNSCREW YOUR TANK LID AND SEE IF THAT HELPS, IF IT HISS/SUCKS ARE WHEN YOU LOOSEN THE CAP, YOU GOT A PLUGGED VENT. SIMPLE THINGS TO LOOK AT...
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car