lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #11
ReelTight
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Recommendations 95' DS Gas

I played with the governor this morning. I out a zip tie on the arm and pulled it back a little. Befor zip tying I played with it in maintenance mode and realized that it would cut off if I pulled it back to far. I assume that is a safety feature. As long as I don't have it pulled back that far is the engine going to be okay? Also while tied back a little I get a little back fire at start up. Is that normal?
ReelTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

These are the wheels I went with. They do come with valve stems even though the wheel is pictured without one. Nothing fancy:

https://www.3rsalesandservice.com/ca...ce/N40555C.htm
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:32 PM   #13
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelTight View Post
I played with the governor this morning. I out a zip tie on the arm and pulled it back a little. Befor zip tying I played with it in maintenance mode and realized that it would cut off if I pulled it back to far. I assume that is a safety feature. As long as I don't have it pulled back that far is the engine going to be okay? Also while tied back a little I get a little back fire at start up. Is that normal?
I can't answer that over the internet. I wouldn't expect that zip tying the governor would cause a backfire, I'm not sure what the issue is there. As I said, you'll have to get a feel for the motor. As long as you're running smooth and the motor doesn't feel like it's overly vibrating or shaking when you are running at higher speeds you should be fine. If your motor is shaking and vibrating and you want to keep it from doing so you should be able to adjust the length of your zip tie.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #14
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Welcome to the addiction and to BGW. You'll be doing all kinds of modifications soon.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car