lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
Electroman1975
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default electrical problems

I have a 1995 Club Car Carryall 2 plus, and I am having electrical problems. In my electrical component box, there is only one limit switch, which I believe is the kill switch, but it has an orange wire going to the solenoid, like it is the accelerator starter switch, and a red on the common coming from the neutral limit switch, and a black going to a relay. I have no idea what the relay is for, but it has a bunch of wires on it, but I have traced the kill switch wires to it. I have the service manual, and nowhere can I find a diagram for this relay. Was this some after market jerry riggin?

Here's what happens. It would only idle, and I found that the wire for the igniter had fallen off. I put a new crimp connector on it, but it must be some special size, that I can not find commercially, so I keep having to mess with it. Igniter may be going bad and I will test it, but I also think that kill limit switch that is activated by accelerator is not working properly. My problem is when I test this switch and find it working, the next step is the relay, that I have no idea what it is running and have no wiring diagram for, to chase it out.

Anyone know anything about this relay?
Electroman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: electrical problems

ok that relay would be for a cart that idles , the problem with the ignitor is most likely the problem depending on what year your cart is you can upgrade the newer coil with built in ignitor since its cheaper and works better
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
Electroman1975
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

nobuckbuild, thank you. My cart is a 1995. Can I get that newer coil with built in ignitor for this year?

Also, after thinking about how none of my wire colors matched the ones on my electrical diagrams, I downloaded an electrical diagram specifically for my carryall 2 plus, as opposed to just a gas Ds. Here I found the relay, and unfortunately it was a bad down load that was blurry. When I magnified it, it just got blurrier. Even tried to print it with no luck, but I was able to see where the wires go, so it helped some.

Right now, I removed limit switch in electrical component box, lengthened the wires, and hooked them to a 3 way house switch. Being a master electrician comes in handy, when you need your cart for Halloween, and you can not buy a micro switch on a Saturday afternoon. It's running right now, but would like to upgrade coil if that will work for this year cart. Let me know
Electroman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I know this is not your cart, but the electrical wiring drawing on page 5-10 may help. http://bennettgolfcars.ca/upfile/man...1115073840.pdf
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:14 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Hey Jimmie?
Find him a diagram for a "key start" cart, or one of my posts describing the relay!
(I'm out of town till Tuesday, and all I have is this stupid tablet! )

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

this a key start thread http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...tery-idle.html

Lockman1 , page 5-10 is a key start drawing in the parts manual WIRING, GASOLINE VEHICLES
RESORT VILLAGER, TRANS-PORTER/TRANS-SENDER.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Thanks Jimmie!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car