lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Run time?

Headed down to the in laws place by the bay this weekend & I was curious what kind of run time I could expect out of the cart.....first time I won't be just cruising around our neighborhood.

2002 TXT 36v with 8 month old Trojans.
6" lift with tires
Stereo - two 6.5's
TecScan LED lights
2 LED spot lights

Should be relatively flat land
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Run time?

depends.....since you are lifted with BIGGER tires (HOW BIG?? diameter ??)

and have you upgraded your drive system (Controller, F&R, high current cables....etc.) OR is it STOCK? other than the lift and tires?
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
Headed down to the in laws place by the bay this weekend & I was curious what kind of run time I could expect out of the cart.....first time I won't be just cruising around our neighborhood.

2002 TXT 36v with 8 month old Trojans.
6" lift with tires
Stereo - two 6.5's
TecScan LED lights
2 LED spot lights

Should be relatively flat land
Common question, and a good one to get familiar with before you take off into unfamiliar terrain. But I think you have unintentionally asked asked a loaded question. There are just too many variables to give you an accurate estimate. Your range will vary wildly by ambient temperature, tire pressure, tire diameter, battery size, resting voltage, how well have they been maintained, cable size, rolling resistance, heavy right foot? ....and on and on.

Your best friend on a electric cart is an in-dash digital voltmeter. I highly recommend one. ScottyB from CartsUnlimited.net sells an excellent model that a lot of members here are pleased with. If you dont have time to wait for one in the mail, pick up a cheap handheld model for this weekends trip and get the in-dash when you return. Its a pain to stop and check the voltage every so often, but you'll be glad you did.

You'll know when your roughly about half-way empty by subtracting a pre-determined ending voltage that you are comfortable with from your starting voltage and divide it by 2. Write it on a sticky - put on your dash to remind you until you get more familiar with your cart. But most of all go have fun in your cart and try not to go below 80% capacity - and never below 50%. This will keep your batteries happiest over the long haul.

BTW - Don't get one of those wonky battery-level meters, they just aren't very accurate at all. Been there, done that.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #4
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
depends.....since you are lifted with BIGGER tires (HOW BIG?? diameter ??)

and have you upgraded your drive system (Controller, F&R, high current cables....etc.) OR is it STOCK? other than the lift and tires?
Sorry, 22" tires . Cables are all 2g, everything else drive train wise is stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
Common question, and a good one to get familiar with before you take off into unfamiliar terrain. But I think you have unintentionally asked asked a loaded question. There are just too many variables to give you an accurate estimate. Your range will vary wildly by ambient temperature, tire pressure, tire diameter, battery size, resting voltage, how well have they been maintained, cable size, rolling resistance, heavy right foot? ....and on and on.

Your best friend on a electric cart is an in-dash digital voltmeter. I highly recommend one. ScottyB from CartsUnlimited.net sells an excellent model that a lot of members here are pleased with. If you dont have time to wait for one in the mail, pick up a cheap handheld model for this weekends trip and get the in-dash when you return. Its a pain to stop and check the voltage every so often, but you'll be glad you did.

You'll know when your roughly about half-way empty by subtracting a pre-determined ending voltage that you are comfortable with from your starting voltage and divide it by 2. Write it on a sticky - put on your dash to remind you until you get more familiar with your cart. But most of all go have fun in your cart and try not to go below 80% capacity - and never below 50%. This will keep your batteries happiest over the long haul.

BTW - Don't get one of those wonky battery-level meters, they just aren't very accurate at all. Been there, done that.
I've got a hand held volt meter, so no issue there. I was just more curious, if I check it and it says 7.2 volts, what kind of time frame it would take to get there.

Didn't realize there could be such a drastic variation.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #5
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Just check with the hand held meter, each battery shows 6.4v & 12.4-12.6 depending which ones I check combined. Been awhile since Water level was checked but they all appear good, possibly just a hair low, so I'll buy a jug of distilled water tomorrow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO