lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #1
Scott1088
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Flasher/turn signal problems

Hi all. I have a '96 club car and the flasher just stopped working. It has a FL 550 flasher unit with a beeper attached and I think the issue is X wire is no longer attached to anything. I can't find anywhere that says what this should be attached to. The beeper has never worked and I didn't even know there was one until I started looking for the flasher. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Scott1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2015, 08:50 AM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Flasher/turn signal problems

By any chance do you have the wiring diagram of the lights or maybe the brand name where we can search for a wiring diagram, it probably will help. I'm not familiar with how they are setup in a cart but guessing it is similar to a cars when they had them in the past.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #3
Scott1088
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I wish I did. The cart came with turn signals already installed. I have a replacement 3 prong flasher but one of the wires wasn't connected to anything (probably the reason they stopped working, lol). Unlike the other two, this one had a broken ring connector instead of a quick disconnect like the others. The flasher also had a beeper wired in, but it looks like it was jury rigged at best and didn't work.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Shouldnt the X be connected to fused power, L to the switch and P to the light on switch or in your case the beeper?
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:15 AM   #5
Scott1088
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That sounds good to me. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #6
Scott1088
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok. Upon further review, this thing is apparently wired crazy. The flasher was connected to a blue and yellow wire. The third wire was green but wasn't connected to anything. I can't see where it was tied into a red fused wire at all. The beeper is connected to the blue and a loose random wire that was apparently connected somewhere at some point. In order to wire it properly, do I need to run a new red/hot wire from the battery or do I connect to key switch? Nothing about how this was wired makes sense to me, so thanks for helping out.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #7
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Im sure its a 12v flasher so connect it to 12v. I would rewire and trace the old wires and remove or seal.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car