lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2015, 02:01 AM   #11
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to look for when buying a cart from a fleet of 30?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Hi John......considering its an ezgo.....the frame is carbon steel. so get under it and check it for rust. other than that.....ensure it runs.
In Ontario CA?

I get that rust may be a problem in coastal areas. But I have a 99 EZGo that started it's life as a fleet cart in the SE US (possibly AZ). I've owned it in WA state for about 5 years & do plenty of playing in mud and snow. I have never seen a spec of rust under it & I'm always tinkering on it.

Maybe it's a good thing to be aware of, but I don't see it being a huge problem with EZGos.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2015, 06:14 AM   #12
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

In 2012 I bought a 2007 TXT PDS from a dealer who had just purchased 24 of them from a country club. All I had to do was select which one I wanted. I picked one with the fewest blems and swapped out the seat bottom for a better one. He installed a new set of Trojans, floor mat, rear flip seat and lights. I have used it for four seasons now without a hiccup. Just because it came from a fleet doesn't necessarily mean that it has been abused. Just pick the best one, test drive it and price it as if you are going to have to replace the batt pack. If they do not let you drive the cart pass on the deal. Also factor in if a charger comes with it or not. Regarding the batts most batteries have a stamp on the post to show the age. The letter is for the month and number for the year e.g. C2 would be March 2012. Take a DVM with you and check the total pack voltage before you test drive it.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 PM   #13
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet View Post
Snip:.... He installed a new set of Trojans, ......
Ah, yeah, I just have to ask, "What exactly has that cart been up to?" LOL!
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO