lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2016, 08:50 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo TXT 48 upgrades

Notice polarity was kept by installing the yellow (+) wire with the Red diode end and the (-) blue with the bare diode end...... and the Run tow wires were simply squeezed together - bent together at each end better fit the installation location. I'll admit this was a bit of a tight fit. I installed the 16 pin plug first then the R/T switch. You can see here where the diode is conflicting with the R/T switch space as mentioned above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-16 iphone dump 121.jpg (256.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5-16 iphone dump 122.jpg (239.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5-16 iphone dump 123.jpg (369.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5-16 iphone dump 124.jpg (331.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5-16 iphone dump 125.jpg (259.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That's it. I jacked one wheel up and tried F&R . both worked first try - you gotta love that. I will charge my new batteries and give performance results in a day or two. Enjoy the ride.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

well, i might as well place my bet. 22mph with stock wheels.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:03 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would expect as much. I have the admiral D2 (Yamaha) motor and an eye on taller tires.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:11 PM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

or i should add, 22 is what i got with speed magnet & programmer tricks with stock controller. 21mph with just programmer tricks. i think 22s all the stock motor has.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:35 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Programmer tricks is 19.6 mph and 250 amp max. Thanks for your input - I'll let everyone know.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:57 AM   #17
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Noticed you didn't run the diode for the XCT across the large terminals?

Mine is definitely not as clean. Oh and the daytels are awesome. Can't wait to get my winch battery in to complete the dash. But thanks for all the help scottyb. You have been a great help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14649335033651774324938.jpg (265.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1464933610152-2106567544.jpg (376.3 KB, 0 views)
wheelnsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Thank you Wheels. In my rush to complete the install I forgot the regen diode fix. I will get it installed before the test drive this AM.
The Regen diode arrests flyback voltage created if the key is turned off when the the cart is moving.
I see you put the solenoid diode on the opposite pair than I did and it looks like your R/T switch clearance is better.

My cart is definitely getting a battery meter today - I feel blind charging without it. Originally I was going to use the PDS switch plate but I'm leaning towards the series switch plate and move the F&R switch to the just below the seat cushion location used by the CC Precedent. It's just more comfortable to reach.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Notice polarity was kept by installing the yellow (+) wire with the Red diode end and the (-) blue with the bare diode end...... and the Run tow wires were simply squeezed together - bent together at each end better fit the installation location. I'll admit this was a bit of a tight fit. I installed the 16 pin plug first then the R/T switch. You can see here where the diode is conflicting with the R/T switch space as mentioned above.
Instead of bending the ring terminals on the R/T switch wires, it looks like there might be enough room to rotate the ring terminals 90° so the wires radiate from the bottom of the switch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #20
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Thank you Wheels. In my rush to complete the install I forgot the regen diode fix. I will get it installed before the test drive this AM.
The Regen diode arrests flyback voltage created if the key is turned off when the the cart is moving.
I see you put the solenoid diode on the opposite pair than I did and it looks like your R/T switch clearance is better.

My cart is definitely getting a battery meter today - I feel blind charging without it. Originally I was going to use the PDS switch plate but I'm leaning towards the series switch plate and move the F&R switch to the just below the seat cushion location used by the CC Precedent. It's just more comfortable to reach.
Yeah I did the same as yours at first and moved the diode and cleared up a bunch. I wish I would have just recounted the XCT to the plate like yours and lowered it some. You have more clearance under the seat. Will you do a writeup on how you relocate the switch. I would very much like to do that as well
wheelnsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO