lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Looking for just more torque, Bandit Motor?

Quick question, Ive read a little bit regarding upgrades but still would like advice from guys who have it.

I have a 2009 CC Precedent, PH serial # cart, Speed code 4, and regan braking removed with a speed mag, US red batteries, 23" tires, 6" lift. Im looking for more torque, not looking to build a monster or break the bank. I run 20 mph now and thats plenty for me but we were riding up levee's last weekend and a buddy on a stock cart was crushing me going up hills. I know that is supposed to happen due to the tires size, but Im looking for just a little more torque without going overboard.

Any advice? Does the plum quick bandit motor do well for adding torque? I have 2g wires already that i will install once I decide.

Thanks!
Wes350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2016, 03:12 PM   #2
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for just more torque, Bandit Motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes350x View Post
Quick question, Ive read a little bit regarding upgrades but still would like advice from guys who have it.

I have a 2009 CC Precedent, PH serial # cart, Speed code 4, and regan braking removed with a speed mag, US red batteries, 23" tires, 6" lift. Im looking for more torque, not looking to build a monster or break the bank. I run 20 mph now and thats plenty for me but we were riding up levee's last weekend and a buddy on a stock cart was crushing me going up hills. I know that is supposed to happen due to the tires size, but Im looking for just a little more torque without going overboard.

Any advice? Does the plum quick bandit motor do well for adding torque? I have 2g wires already that i will install once I decide.

Thanks!
I have the same situation. Added 2 gage wire and a plum quick motor and the cart runs 28mph no problem, but I also want more torque, so I guess it's controller time. My stock controller only has 250 amp rating, so a 400 amp controller is in the near future...

My main question is what does a higher amp controller going to do to my travel time ability?
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
Wes350x
Gone Wild

Club Car

How much additional torque did you get from the pq motor? Noticeable?
Wes350x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
Nsane
Gone Wild

Club Car

Plum Quick Bandit motor will not add any torque, it will add speed only. I had one on my last cart and it did really well for speed and I had all stock stuff still, controller and wires. I'm building a stretched Culb Car Precedent right now, so I called and talked with Rick at P/Q, they have a torque motor but it's $680 with no core. If I were you I would try the Alltrax 400 controller, I think you'll be real happy with it.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes350x View Post
How much additional torque did you get from the pq motor? Noticeable?
None, no torque boost, just a Hugh speed difference. Looking into a 400 amp controller to help with torque.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:54 PM   #6
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

A Plum quick motor is a cleaned up polished up stock motor. It is great for flat lands. Do you want more speed going up hill, if so you need HP. If you want grunt going up hills like a tractor you need a torque motor.
Also this isn't a criticism of the Bandit motor I had one and was pleased. It's a quick way to get more than 20 MPH on flat land.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #7
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the controller is one of the main sources of torque, is that correct? If a motor only sees 250 amps from the controller to work with, not much torque will be there, but with a good motor like the bandit, speed will. Put the two together and you have performance. My next purchase will be a 4 or 5 hundred amp controller, then I should be satisfied with the carts performance.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:59 AM   #8
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

FYI, you don't want to be putting a 4 bbl on 4 cylinder.
Attached Images
File Type: gif gas-vs-electric.gif (23.0 KB, 0 views)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:56 AM   #9
larrybi
Not Yet Wild

If your looking for more torque you might want to look at the BEAST motor. I just put one in my 96 cc ds and saw a really good increase in torque, speed went from 17 to 23 mph. I too like you don't care about speed just torque, as I use my cart for hunting. Got the BEAST from Golf King (site sponsor) for $510.00 out the door, also added a 700 amp controller from Scottyb, HD F&R switch and Hd Solenoid and 2 gauge wires. I have 23" tires and 6" lift and my wires would get really hot and motor also and this upgrade took care of that.
larrybi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 07:21 AM   #10
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybi View Post
If your looking for more torque you might want to look at the BEAST motor. I just put one in my 96 cc ds and saw a really good increase in torque, speed went from 17 to 23 mph. I too like you don't care about speed just torque, as I use my cart for hunting. Got the BEAST from Golf King (site sponsor) for $510.00 out the door, also added a 700 amp controller from Scottyb, HD F&R switch and Hd Solenoid and 2 gauge wires. I have 23" tires and 6" lift and my wires would get really hot and motor also and this upgrade took care of that.
Question, if the beast motor was enough, why add a controller? Did it have to have one to work well?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car