lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #51
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Runaway RXV

Sorry about the mishap, glad your good, defintley looks like "frame" damage. One of my commercial accounts had a TXT runaway. He was standing at the back of the cart moving stuff around in the bed and his toolbox fell forward hitting the seat and landing square on the accelerator. All he could do was watch as it screamed toward the front of the Supervisors new Suburban. I'm an EZGO dealer so if you need help locating stuff IM me. get well soon.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2016, 02:32 AM   #52
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird6246 View Post
Sorry about the mishap, glad your good, defintley looks like "frame" damage. One of my commercial accounts had a TXT runaway. He was standing at the back of the cart moving stuff around in the bed and his toolbox fell forward hitting the seat and landing square on the accelerator. All he could do was watch as it screamed toward the front of the Supervisors new Suburban. I'm an EZGO dealer so if you need help locating stuff IM me. get well soon.
Thank you. I'm pretty much healed now, still have the scars though
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:56 AM   #53
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I dismantled the 2009 donor cart down to the bare wishbone, and found minor rust here & there, and flaking paint where surface rust had started under the paint. I dropped the wishbone off to be media blasted and powder coated. The dash frame had no rust, but is going to be modified before I drop it off for media blasting and powder coating on monday. Before it gets powder coated, I'm going to cut off the front roof supports and reweld them back on turned around so that they are angled rearward. This is in preparation for installing a sloped windshield.

I'm still looking for a used later model RXV rear axle with a stock motor for a lightweight RXV chassis based Roadster build that I'm starting. The wrecked 2012 RXV will still be rebuilt. I bought another new 2016 RXV controller kit to keep for a spare since the eBay guy dropped his price to $275 + $25 S&H.

Bob
Old 11-11-2016, 11:35 PM   #54
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Here are photos of the now finished and powdercoated frame. The angled windshield frame mounts turned out better than I had expected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-11-11_17-56-11_419.jpg (291.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-11-11_17-56-30_866.jpg (319.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-11-11_17-58-17_132.jpg (301.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-11-11_17-58-38_311.jpg (256.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-11-11_17-57-07_863.jpg (581.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2016, 05:08 AM   #55
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Keep those pictures coming Bob...
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO