lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default TXT carb

Hey,

A customer brought in a 2013 TXT that was acting up. It turned over but wouldn't start, and after a few minutes of trying to get it to start it died completely. I load tested the battery and sure enough it was bad. Also confirmed to make sure the voltage regulator was working properly and it is.
After I installed a new battery, I can get it to start, but every so often it would hiccup and stall for a second or two, and then get back to high speed. I removed the air hose and sprayed carb cleaner inside, and checked the carb bowl. Now it seems to run without any stalling or hesitation. Found a tiny bit of brown sludge inside, so safe bet it is acting up because carb has a small clog somewhere, and its worth replacing. I also noticed the small screen on the fuel pump was completely covered in dirt so I cleaned that off too.

I like the gas TXT, but they sure did not make it easy to access things like the solenoid or carb

So in the end I recommended They get a new carb, which by the way, is for the Kawasaki engine. They refused to pay 400+ so they will take a shot at a chinese $60 one

Do you guys think I am on the right track with the problem being the carburetor?

Thanks
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT carb

The carbs are junk on those things, but the 60 dollar carb will fail way to quick or could create other issues.

Not sure why your replacing it if it runs fine.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, I would not want to replace it either, but the concern is by spraying the carb cleaner inside only temporarily fixed the issue. I'm concerned if I send the cart back it will start acting up again because of a clog or something so that's why I suggested they replace it. I know some people pressure clean carbs but in my position that's not an option, nor is it guaranteed to work
Old 06-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

So if changing the carb doesn't fix it, do they get their money back?
Old 06-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will sell you a brand new carb $150 + shipping. Where in Fl are you?
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #6
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
So if changing the carb doesn't fix it, do they get their money back?
your right, there is a chance its not the carb, but based on the symptom and the fact that I checked the other components and they checked out ok, I feel pretty strongly its the carb. Honestly if it came down to it, I would cover the cost of the 60 dollar carb myself for them if I turned out to be wrong
Old 06-04-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHVIEW View Post
I will sell you a brand new carb $150 + shipping. Where in Fl are you?
I'm in palm beach area, but the issue is not getting a carb, it was getting them to spend the money on one. They already gave the go ahead to try a $60 dollar one though but thanks for the offer
Old 06-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #8
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

2013 should not need a carb replaced a good cleaning is all it needs it's not like it's a wear item
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
2013 should not need a carb replaced a good cleaning is all it needs it's not like it's a wear item
I tend to agree. The carbs are junk, but still kinda new.

Your in palm beach and they don't want to spend the money on a good carb? Weird
Old 06-04-2017, 09:07 PM   #10
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post

yeah I agree, 2013 still fairly new but definitely not clog proof. I have no idea if in the past it was left sitting for a long time, or if debris got past their fuel filter at one time, so I don't trust them really. They almost refused to get a new battery, granted it was only 2 years old, but I checked the voltage regulator which was ok, and load tested the battery after charging and it failed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO