lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Default Random.....why aren't RXV's more popular?

Just as it says....saw one listed for sale near me (2012 white rxv $4k) and just wondered how come I don't see more of them?
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Random.....why aren't RXV's more popular?

Probably depends where you are. Very popular where I am.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Cost is one factor they run more than the TXT's.
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #4
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

I'm down in Houston....when I saw the one for sale today I wondered if it was a good deal since I never see them listed. Don't even know how they differ from a TXT....all I've ever owned.

I know it was 48v, as it had four 12v Trojan batteries innit
Old 06-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Still a golf cart but altogether different running gear. AC (brushless) motor. No wheel brakes. Motor does all braking except parking brake that is mounted to the motor and is mechanical but electrically operated and automatic. All of them are 48v and usually 4x12v batteries but can also have 6x8v batteries. Higher performance than stock DC motored carts especially when climbing hills. Almost no performance upgrades available. 22-24 mph possible after software change and 20-21" tall tires. No lift required. More is possible if you can find people with skills.
Not user friendly for modification or repair of electronics. Specialized tools eg. scanner required.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #6
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Still a golf cart but altogether different running gear. AC (brushless) motor. No wheel brakes. Motor does all braking except parking brake that is mounted to the motor and is mechanical but electrically operated and automatic. All of them are 48v and usually 4x12v batteries but can also have 6x8v batteries. Higher performance than stock DC motored carts especially when climbing hills. Almost no performance upgrades available. 22-24 mph possible after software change and 20-21" tall tires. No lift required. More is possible if you can find people with skills.
Not user friendly for modification or repair of electronics. Specialized tools eg. scanner required.
And you officially made me uninterested by saying how difficult they can be to work on and no performance upgrades. I sold my txt bc it was only 36v and too slow. Been in the market for something else ever since
Old 06-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I might have mislead you a little. I have both a TXT which has been modified with alltrax controller, speed motor and 48v and a stock RXV. The TXT can barely keep up with the RXV on the flats and has no chance going up hills. Not even close. So when I say practically no performance mods available it is because not much needed.
The electrical system is definitely not for tinkerers if that is your jam.

Current TXT's are 48v and can be upped in performance considerably with just a controller change. Late model Club Cars also.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
And you officially made me uninterested by saying how difficult they can be to work on and no performance upgrades. I sold my txt bc it was only 36v and too slow. Been in the market for something else ever since
Find a TXT48 or Precedent and you will be happy.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:30 AM   #9
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Find a TXT48 or Precedent and you will be happy.

That's what I've been looking for. As it will end up lifted and with a stereo and lights
Old 06-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjonman View Post
I'm one of the RXV fans. Not only because of my programming capabilities, but AC Drive is great! I can hop up the peformance and top speed, but I do urge caution. Not just with the RXV, but for any golf cart. Cars have safety equipment and better engineering to handle higher speeds and performance than golf carts. Before considering taking a golf cart to higher speeds, please take into account that along with better performance, you must remember you will also need better brakes and tighter steering than the average golf cart has.

A totally stock 2012+ Curtis controller RXV can be programmed to drive at up to about 30 MPH with properly inflated stock tires/wheels, but I don't recommend greater than 25 MPH without adding aftermarket brakes and making sure all of the front end bushings/bearings/steering components are tight and up to the task. "Death Wobbles" are not fun at speed.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO