lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #11
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Picking up a 2014 CC tomorrow!

I saw on your other posts what you wanted to do with your CC. My CC so far is stock other then I had the dealer put on new wheels and tires. Tires are 205/50-10 which are only 18" tall. I wanted to keep appearance as stock as much as I could. But would like to upgrade solenoid, controller and motor to make it a real sleeper. Also considering going to lithium batteries in the future. I am dealing with a gated community at a country club golf course so can't get to wild with cart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #12
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
But would like to upgrade solenoid, controller and motor to make it a real sleeper. Also considering going to lithium batteries in the future.
DO IT! The Alltrax on Lithium is a ridiculous amount of fun and with the switchable program, I can turn it down for the wife instantly. She never knows how fast it really is.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:01 AM   #13
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Gregorio have viewed your posts on what you did with your cart. Love it, I can see that it would be nice to have the XCT500 controller with the switch from ScottyB so my wife and granddaughter can drive it without complaining about the high speed. Also will learn from you about going with 500 vs 400.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #14
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Glad to know others will benefit from my mistake! Still trying to figure out how to correct it. Know anyone that wants a slightly used XCT400 with fan? Free shipping!
Old 07-21-2017, 07:26 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The XCT controllers have a higher peak and sustained outputs than any competitor or previous Alltrax models. The peak output for a 400a XCT is 460 amps and the sustained output exceeds the capability of the old DCX500. Basically the XCT48400 control performs like a 500a control.
I have many R&D carts running with Alltrax XCT controls. I have aftermarket motors pushing my carts up to 30mp on XCT48300 controls. A bigger controller is not always required.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:23 AM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post

Too lazy to redo it. It was 100 here in KC today. By the time I was done cutting, screwing and strapping I was sweating like a pig.

Pigs do have a few sweat glands, but they're not very useful for temperature adjustment. When the mercury rises on the farm, Wilber wallows in cool water or mud, which has the same evaporation effect as sweating.

go find some mud

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/test-...tion-test.html
Old 07-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #17
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The XCT controllers have a higher peak and sustained outputs than any competitor or previous Alltrax models. The peak output for a 400a XCT is 460 amps and the sustained output exceeds the capability of the old DCX500. Basically the XCT48400 control performs like a 500a control.
I have many R&D carts running with Alltrax XCT controls. I have aftermarket motors pushing my carts up to 30mp on XCT48300 controls. A bigger controller is not always required.
Stop trying to talk me down, man. I've been bitten by the bug and need to keep feeding this addiction! Besides, isn't your Lithium fund still a little short?
Old 07-21-2017, 12:29 PM   #18
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Good point! You could scrimp a little on the controller and put the funds toward a lithium upgrade.
If you are going to climb rocks well then you need a beefy controller.
It depends on the application when determining the controller needs.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #19
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystar57 View Post
Good point! You could scrimp a little on the controller and put the funds toward a lithium upgrade.
If you are going to climb rocks well then you need a beefy controller.
It depends on the application when determining the controller needs.
The price difference between the 400A ($462) with fan ($42) and the 500A ($519) which includes fan already is only $15. I spent more than that on beer the first night ordering my parts from scottyb!

Go big or go home!
Old 07-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #20
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

On the way home. Got a fun evening of installing everything ahead of me! Excited. Love projects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4964.jpg (210.1 KB, 0 views)
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car