lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2017, 01:31 PM   #21
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Picking up a 2014 CC tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
The price difference between the 400A ($462) with fan ($42) and the 500A ($519) which includes fan already is only $15. I spent more than that on beer the first night ordering my parts from scottyb!

Go big or go home!
I agree; the XCT48300 is only $50 less so it makes sense to go for the XCT48500 and tune it down if needed.
That way you are ready to go for future aftermarket motors!
For some, the 300A unit is all they will ever need.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2017, 07:29 PM   #22
BlueandWhiteRV
WE ARE! PENN STATE!

Club Car

Congrats. I made a lot of changes to mine since my March trip to Fort Wilderness. It will be a total beast upon my return March 2018.
BlueandWhiteRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:47 PM   #23
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminker View Post
On the way home. Got a fun evening of installing everything ahead of me! Excited. Love projects.
I hope you tied down the windscreen and the sand buckets (otherwise they might not have been there when you got home). The roof is OK but the others need tying (just a zip tie will do).
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #24
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
I hope you tied down the windscreen and the sand buckets (otherwise they might not have been there when you got home). The roof is OK but the others need tying (just a zip tie will do).
I used a bungee on the windshield. Forgot about the sand holder. But it was still there when I got home.

I got the controller installed. Had to improvise a little bit. All the instructions I could find were the year before mine. 12mph before and 19.4 after. Battery was 49.8 volts after my last test run. Gonna give it another shot tomorrow when they are fully charged.

Took 6 hours to install. First time, not too bad I don't think. I read the manual instructions twice before I even got it. Opened it up and I had wires that weren't even listed. There's a 30amp fuse in it already. I didn't mess with the dash too much. Wonder if there is a DC reducer already? There are factory headlights and tail lights in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4980.jpg (218.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4967.jpg (196.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4978.jpg (210.0 KB, 0 views)
sminker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:42 AM   #25
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #26
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Update. After a good charge and getting the rear tires to 21psi and the front to 20psi I was able to get to 23.4 on a very slight downward slope. If you stand on my street it looks flat. I could tell it was a slope because on the way back I could only get to 19. Hit 24.8 on a decent slope. Amps are set at 460, rpm 6000, turbo and street checked. With my wife and my son we were hitting 18-22 throughout the neighborhood.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4965.jpg (67.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4983.jpg (66.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4984.jpg (65.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4987.jpg (67.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-22-2017, 11:01 AM   #27
bburke30152
Not Yet Wild

Good luck with the mods, from another guy that started reading here and got addicted.
bburke30152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:35 AM   #28
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I apologize in advance for being a little bit of a killjoy, but your speeds are lower than I would have expected for this modification.

I'd be curious to know about the batteries. Resting voltage (after full charge and wait time) and specifically voltage drop under load.
Controller settings also a possibility tho since you got it from scottyb it might be preprogramed for your use.

I'll defer to the CC experts of course.

Also, I use that same phone speed app. I have proven to myself that the max speed is often "optimistic"
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 AM   #29
sminker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It's still stock motor and wheels/tires. Speeds are the advertised from what his website states for this mod. I'll download another speedometer app and test against my Apple Watch.

Unfortunately all I have are Apple laptops. I'd like to stay plugged in during test runs but I had to bring my server to the garage just to change the couple settings. I might change amps to 500 for a test run. I have it lowered for stock motor. The A4 is in my future along with a 6" lift and 22s. I will say the torque is very noticeable I tested on some pretty steep grass hills at my neighborhood park.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #30
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I apologize in advance for being a little bit of a killjoy, but your speeds are lower than I would have expected for this modification.

I'd be curious to know about the batteries. Resting voltage (after full charge and wait time) and specifically voltage drop under load.
Controller settings also a possibility tho since you got it from scottyb it might be preprogramed for your use.

I'll defer to the CC experts of course.

Also, I use that same phone speed app. I have proven to myself that the max speed is often "optimistic"
That is what I'm getting with my stock AMD motor and appropriate map. Even with the added energy flow and increased voltage from my lithium pack, the motor can't take advantage of it. I'm drawing about 140a continuous at top end and still less than 200a instantaneous.

Let me know if you want any info from my testing
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car