lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
z71red
Not Yet Wild

Default Time to rebuild cart

Hey guys I need some help. I have a 96 ds regen 1 that was upgraded to regen 2 years ago before I got it. Now the obc has gone out and I am thinking about going to series motor and controller. I use the cart around the yard hauling trash and taking grandkids on rides. What do you suggest for upgrade to get me running again?
z71red is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Time to rebuild cart

You may have to get with scottyb or TahoeDawg71 as that will take some pieces. Motor, controller, wiring, FNR switch, more cables, etc. etc.

Personally for the cost and effort, I would just replace the OBC or bypass/remove it and upgrade to a DPI accusense charger.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
The Big Weezy
Getting Wild
Club Car

What are your wants, needs and epectations? I had a regen 1 cart. I was told that there was not much you could do to upgrade the regen 1 system without replacing most of the system. I turned it into a series cart, pitched the OBC and got a DPI charger. If you are happy with the cart performance wise and only need to fix your charging issue, I recommend bypass the OBC and get the DPI.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
The Big Weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
z71red
Not Yet Wild

Well the charger works bc i bypassed obc a while back. My problem is the solenoid will engage but does not create any motion through the controller and I figured it would be easier to replace and start with new controls as the cart is in great shape otherwise. New batteries about 3 months ago(yes I verified batteries are charged up) but the wiring is a mess on the cart as whoever did the regen 2 upgrade spliced in wires everywhere and I am not really sure if the obc is fully bypassed or if the MCOR is dead. I figured it would be easier to spend a little now and forget the aggravation of trying to troubleshoot without a good wiring diagram...
Old 08-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Check with TahoeDawg71 - Revolution Golf Cars. He can sell you the complete IQ wiring harness and go from there.

You may want to do some more troubleshooting and verify what is definitely wrong. If it is truly the controller, you can just upgrade to the XCT line and it is plug and play for the harness I just mentioned.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #6
z71red
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I will contact him.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car