lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #21
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 dcs controller diagnostic

Here follow this..... You can down load from this link...

DCS trouble shooting power point

http://www.mediafire.com/?xxpo6vctnkmtno4
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
Is your cart a DCS electrical system?
Poor PG trying to referee this thread. There is a misunderstanding proliferating here that all Ezgos are DCS. They are not. In fact few of them are. DCS was a Drive system used by Ezgo for a few years in the mid to late 90s. Ezgo made many more Series drive system and PDS drive system. Each Drive system has it's own diagnostic procedures which are all in the Ezgo Manual posted in the stickies.... I hope this helps, PG

DCS will have a F&R lever behind the driver's knee and a run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller. The backside of the f&R looks round like a hockey puck.

PDS carts will have a Tow/Run switch with toggle switch for F&R on the dash

SERIES carts will have a shift lever like the dcs cart down by your legs, but it will NOT have a tow/run switch. Also the actual F&R switch is in the corner by the controller and there is linkage from it to the lever in the center.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #23
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Thanks scotty. Two years in the making of this fine thread. So far I don't believe anyone in this thread actually has/had a DCS cart.....
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #24
rocknrone
Romans 1 : 16 Unashamed

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pggroves View Post
Thanks scotty. Two years in the making of this fine thread. So far I don't believe anyone in this thread actually has/had a DCS cart.....
lmbo!
rocknrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #25
barryam
Not Yet Wild

Yes i have a DCS it has the F&R lever behind the drivers knee and also has the run/tow switch on the enviromental cover on the controller.
barryam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #26
barryam
Not Yet Wild

I still havent figured out why its not working. i tested the motor, replaced the controller and solenoid and it has brand new batteries and it will still just move forward for about a second and then die and when i put it in reverse the buzzer will come on but nothing will happen when the gas is depressed. I have also bypassed the switch for the charger i forget what it was called it has been a couple years. I havent gotten to work on it much recently since i have been sent overseas but i got an email saying someone had commented on this posst so i figured it was worth a try to see if anyone had any ideas for when i get back at it soon.
barryam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryam View Post
I still havent figured out why its not working. i tested the motor, replaced the controller and solenoid and it has brand new batteries and it will still just move forward for about a second and then die and when i put it in reverse the buzzer will come on but nothing will happen when the gas is depressed. I have also bypassed the switch for the charger i forget what it was called it has been a couple years. I havent gotten to work on it much recently since i have been sent overseas but i got an email saying someone had commented on this posst so i figured it was worth a try to see if anyone had any ideas for when i get back at it soon.
Post or PM your email and I'll send you the DCS files I have for troubleshooting.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #28
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

All DCS files I have for troubleshooting are here.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eshooting.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO