lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 6" Drop Axle

I installed a 6" drop axle and rear lift kit to my 2003 txt series cart. Now my problem is that it steers sharper to the left than right, steering whl not centered, and need to set toe in to 1/4. So how do I fix the toe in and steering so it is equal in each direction. The unit I bought is listed here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Drop-Axle...53.m2749.l2649
I am a disabled vet and can't afford a lot of mechanical costs, thanks.
csmdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2017, 07:02 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6" Drop Axle

I saw in another thread where you got the Toe-in info after you posted this.....but not only do you adjust the toe-in by loosening both jam nuts on the tie rods and adjust them. you can also center the steering wheel by adjusting bot rods in the same direction, which will keep the toe-n in the same and move the steering wheel. BUT if its not off very much, like less then a full turn, once you get the toe-in set, and with the wheels centered, remove the nut on the steering wheel shaft and pull the steering wheel off the spline and put it back on in the correct location.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #3
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I think I understand what you are saying; turn out though that the kit had a tie rod that didn't match my tie rod ends so have get new ends and then maybe it will adjust correctly. New tie rod is 2' longer than the original so have more adj available.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #4
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Another question, while installing the rear lifter I noticed there were no bushings of any type in the leaf spring where it mount to frame and I find none listed anywhere online, so are there supposed to be any there. thanks
Old 11-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try these for rear leaf bushing replacements -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EZGO-TXT-Le...RZn5DT&vxp=mtr
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

That's not my problem; I was referring to the front of the leaf spring under battery area, but it appears there are no shims or bushings for these areas; least wise not as far as the schematics I have seen show. Thanks
Old 11-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #7
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Found out that the tie rod that came with kit is male end and the one I have is female so the seller sent me new female tie rod ends but no jam nuts, so does anyone know what size are the jam nuts and which end is considered left end. (there is a slot on the tie rod at one end to make adjustment), thanks.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #8
csmdew
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

After installing the lift kit and new 22x10x10 tires I thought I would increase my speed but it did the opposite and dropped by 2 mph, is this normal. Thanks
Old 11-27-2017, 09:46 PM   #9
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmdew View Post
After installing the lift kit and new 22x10x10 tires I thought I would increase my speed but it did the opposite and dropped by 2 mph, is this normal. Thanks
Larger tires reduces torque, requiring more current to turn the tires. Any weakness in the current delivery path will become more apparent. A stock controller is likely not going to pass enough current. Also, softness of the tires can increase drag. You might want to add more air pressure if you can, or switch to higher pressure tires. It's common.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 07:58 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmdew View Post
That's not my problem; I was referring to the front of the leaf spring under battery area, but it appears there are no shims or bushings for these areas; least wise not as far as the schematics I have seen show. Thanks
YES there should be bushings at the front of the spring.

BUSHINGS2.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO