lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
ryan380golf
Not Yet Wild

Default Q's on putting all guts of 2007 in 1984...

I have a 1984 Marathon resistor cart. There is someone in my area selling a 2007 TXT with no batteries and no title for $500. Probably can't do much with it without a title, so maybe I can strike a deal and use all the parts.

How hard would it be to upgrade everything in my 1984, with the 2007? Worth it? All electronics, pedal, everything...

Thanks for any advice, yay or nay...
ryan380golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2017, 12:38 AM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Q's on putting all guts of 2007 in 1984...

Your 1984 has a title?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:54 AM   #3
ryan380golf
Not Yet Wild

Yes my 84' is Titled...
Old 11-24-2017, 01:54 AM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Why can't you title the 07?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

A title for a golf cart? Never heard of it and I have a lot of carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

It depends where you are. Here in Indiana the only titled golf carts are the ones modified to NEV or LSV specs. All "normal" carts do not have titles, though some local municipalities do require registration and plates.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #7
ryan380golf
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
It depends where you are. Here in Indiana the only titled golf carts are the ones modified to NEV or LSV specs. All "normal" carts do not have titles, though some local municipalities do require registration and plates.
Why are we so interested in the title? The ad shows he bought it without a title. Also I like the look of my vintage custom 1984 cart.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Long post warning!

A regular Golf Cart is not a Motor Vehicle as defined by federal and state Motor Vehicle Codes. Therefore, they are not issued titles. More recently, with LSV/NEV (Low Speed Vehicle/Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) laws being passed, some jurisdictions are allowing LSVs to be operated on certain roads. While a regular Golf Cart is not a Motor Vehicle, some of those jurisdictions allow a regular Golf Cart to be "Remanufactured" to meet the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Code in that state for LSVs by a registered Motor Vehicle Manufacturer. That manufacturer then issues a "Certificate of Origin", which is the actual ownership document of a Motor Vehicle that meets the Motor Vehicle Code. That Certificate of Origin allows the owner to apply for a Motor Vehicle Title. It is the Certificate of Origin that is important, not a Motor Vehicle Title.

I had been a Motor Vehicle Manufacturer for over 15 years, designing and building electric vehicles, (EVs and LSVs). I never issued a title, only states can do that. Most states have very precise definitions of what a Motor Vehicle is, and what is not. Most states also have exceptions to the Motor Vehicle Code, that allow operation of 'Conveyances" upon the roadways. Conveyances are privately owned means of transportation (like horse and buggy, carraiges, farm equipment, ect) that are privately owned. The US Supreme Court has ruled 14 times that Drivers Licenses and Motor Vehicle Registations are not required. But I am getting ahead of myself here.

Unknown by most of the travelling public, is how corrupt our current system is. When you (or a car dealer on you behalf) applies for a title for a new vehicle, you must give up your ownership document (Certificate of Origin), along with a copy of the Bill of Sale (receipt), in exchange for that title. The state, when issuing that title, becomes the legal owner of that Motor Vehicle. You get the title, which assigns you certain rights to that vehicle, but you do not really OWN that vehicle anymore. You have "vested financial interest", under contract with the state, under UCC (Uniform Commercial Code). That vehicle is now a Commercial Vehicle, owned by the state, and they can require you to have permission to operate that vehicle. That permit is called a "Drivers License", and to operate that vehicle on a public roadway, it needs to meet all state and federal commercial motor vehicle regulations. To certify this, it needs to pass inspection, where required, and be issued a Motor Vehicle Registration.

Now you know the truth of what has been hidden from the majority. Even the majority of the people that work at these agencies are ignorant of this truth. It is all availabe to be discovered in the state and federal regulations, one only has to know where to look and, sometimes, HOW to understand it. The key to this sometimes exception will be hidden in the Definitions, at the header of every chapter or subchapter, where the meaning of seemingly normal words are sometimes "redefined" to mean something other than their original meaning. In the tax code for instance, the definition of "Taxable Income" is nowhere to be found. You must look at the code that authorizes the "Tax Act" to find the definition of "Taxable Income". It is not what most people assume. And yes, I am a member of the Presidential Advisory Board, so I must be absolutely certain of the meaning and intent of the UCC, and the Constitution of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, which replaced the original Constitution of the United States of America when our Republic was converted into a Corporate form of government, after the Paris Treaty.

Have a great year, or what remains of it.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #9
ryan380golf
Not Yet Wild

A regular Golf Cart is not a Motor Vehicle as defined by federal and state Motor Vehicle Codes. Therefore, they are not issued titles.

I can tell you here in AZ. My golf cart has a Title issued by the DMV. It is registered, and has a license plate. As does my trailer that also has a title, and license plate and registration.

So how did my thread and post get hijacked with Title information?
Old 11-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #10
rib33024

If you are mechanically able to do the swap ?. Then yes it can be done. A lot to change. I would put some good batteries in the 07 TXT and make sure it runs and drives ok, before I took it all apart and put it all in the 84.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO