lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #1
Kman1
Not Yet Wild

Default Advice on the right lift

I have a Yamaha adventurer 2,2016 AC. Very cool utility cart with a payload capacity of 800lbs in the dump bed and total load capacity of passengers and cargo of 1300lbs. The ground clearance is a laughable 4.2 inches. This is my first golf cart. I wanted a quiet way to get around roads on our hunting lease. There are some hills and mild ruts. I want to lift the cart like every other redneck in Georgia . From what I've read I'm leaning towards the jakes LT lift for the adventurer 2. It's very expensive and the recommended wheels and tires realy up the cost. My question is will it make the cart have the death wobble? I guess this cart must have beefy suspension to handle the rated payload weight. Will this help or hurt the stability after lifting it? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4252.jpg (214.7 KB, 0 views)
Kman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
Kman1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Advice on the right lift

This place is dead. Made a few calls and have been well advised. Jakes 6" long travel lift made for the adventurer 2, 23x10.5x12 wheels/tires and 3" spacers on the rear tires to make the back as wide as the front. This carts overall payload of 1300 lbs, front and rear breaks, with the lift will make it a great work/hunting cart! Everything is ordered as of this morning!!
Old 12-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Not dead, just not wanting to give you BS advice on something we have not tried for ourselves.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:35 PM   #4
Kman1
Not Yet Wild

There is life! I appreciate the honesty. I have zero experience with golf carts, but I'm learning a bunch on here and the web.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #5
Kman1
Not Yet Wild

Here is the finished product! 48v 2016 Yamaha Adventurer 2, payload weight for dump bed is 800lbs and total payload plus passengers is over 1300lbs. It has a Jakes long travel lift with 23x10.5x12 wheels/tires. This will be great for refilling deer feeders and farting around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4531.jpg (208.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4532.jpg (221.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4533.jpg (229.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4534.jpg (208.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
Freckles
Gone Wild

Look great!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:42 AM   #7
Kman1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Look great!

Thank you. It took a while, but I'm happy with the smoothness/stability and looks. It rides really nice and stable. After reading about the death wobble on some lifted carts, I was hesitating to do a lift.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #8
Freckles
Gone Wild

IMG_1743.jpg
Love my yamaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:07 AM   #9
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Advice on the right lift

Looks awesome. I put a 6in drop spindle lift on my cart and it looks awesome as well. Luckily no death wobble for me. The ride is a little rough but not unexpected.

Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #10
Kman1
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Attachment 165428
Love my yamaha.

Nice ride! The only downside for me is no posi. It would be nice to be able to manually switch to posi, but I see nothing out there for my cart. No issues in the snow?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha