lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
GolfMechanic
Not Yet Wild

Default DCX400 "under temperature" code

Cart: 2006 Yamaha G22E 48V
S/N: JU2-309303

My cart has a DCX400 controller and the cart will work and then not work intermittently. Whenever the cart won't move, I get 2 flashing red lights (under -25C temperature code) and then after 10-15 seconds or so it'll turn green and then the cart will move just fine. When in "2 red," the solenoid will activate/"click" but no motion. I live in Arizona (temps have been in the 50s and 60s F) but we did get quite a bit of rain last week. It was working fine (to my knowledge) before the rain and started having problems after the rains past.

Sometimes the cart will run fine almost all day (such as yesterday) but today I can't drive it more than 5-10 secs without power cutting out.

I've read that sometimes if the frame has voltage that it can mess up the controller. I've only been able to find any voltage on the frame where the two screws attach the controller to the metal plate (33V), but the metal plate has no voltage or the casing of the controller, just the screws themselves. I do have a dying battery in my DMM so I may just be getting funky results.

Is my controller toast or do I just need to find a way to insulate/dry out the controller?

Thanks!
GolfMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DCX400 "under temperature" code

Call Alltrax tech support on this one. I think the temp fault is a catchall code for just about any circuit board failure. 541 476 3565
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha