lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
londontown
Not Yet Wild

Default 90 2 cycle re ring

i recently did a complete go through on my cart. rering new gaskets fuel lines i usually mix my gas 100.1 . for the fresh rings i mixed it 50.1 and it smokes bad has no power and hard to keep running unless pedal is feathered. also getting fuel in the intake tube on the filter side of the carb. i am wondering if it is the heavy oil mixture making this happen. i have great compression and spark. if that is the case how long should i play with this heavy mixture before i go back to thinner mix? thanks for the help
londontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 90 2 cycle re ring

The 50:1 mix is not the problem.

So many questions...

Did you remove the piston from the rod? I ask that, in case you put the piston back in backwards.

Did you cross hatch the cylinder for the new rings?

Did you put the rings bevel side up?

Did you damage the reed valves?
There shouldn't be any blowback to allow fuel into the air filter. That's why I question the reed valves.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Did you check compression with a gauge?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
londontown
Not Yet Wild

yes i put the bevel up the piston is in the correct position i used a compresson tester to get my reading of 125 psi i did cross hatch the cylinder with a hone. i want to install new reed valves but i cannot find them anywhere. i talked to an expert on these carts he said if you can see a little light by the reeds they are fine. Does anyone know where i can get a set of reed valves and block for this cart? my cart is running very rich and still spilling fuel out the intake side of the carb i am thinking the carb could be an issue it seems fine but still putting too much fuel in in my opinion .
londontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:09 AM   #5
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Like cart around asked did you have the Piston off the rod? The side of the Piston with a cut out needs to be towards intake side if that checks out it's possibly the Reed's
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO