lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Jerky start???

Hello I am trying to troubleshoot my father-in laws cart which I built several years ago. It is a 1999 ezgo DCS lifted cart with rear seat/bed converted to 48 volt with alltrax 400 controller and white rogers solenoid. The cart shutters when trying to start but once you get it going it seems to run ok according to him and I actually verified that was in fact happening. I used all the troubleshooting guides and it seemed to lead me to the ITS so I replaced it and still has same problem. Pack voltage seems good even when throttle is pressed and cart shutters and barely moves and controller is not giving any codes but cart still shutters. I have also tried bypassing solenoid with large jumper across large terminals. I am not sure of what else to try to diagnose problem and resolve issue. I am sure it is possible the brushes could be bad in motor. How do I verify motor is good and what other things can I test to revolve this issue.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2018, 08:08 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Jerky start???

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
Hello I am trying to troubleshoot my father-in laws cart which I built several years ago. It is a 1999 ezgo DCS lifted cart with rear seat/bed converted to 48 volt with alltrax 400 controller and white rogers solenoid. The cart shutters when trying to start but once you get it going it seems to run ok according to him and I actually verified that was in fact happening. I used all the troubleshooting guides and it seemed to lead me to the ITS so I replaced it and still has same problem. Pack voltage seems good even when throttle is pressed and cart shutters and barely moves and controller is not giving any codes but cart still shutters. I have also tried bypassing solenoid with large jumper across large terminals. I am not sure of what else to try to diagnose problem and resolve issue. I am sure it is possible the brushes could be bad in motor. How do I verify motor is good and what other things can I test to revolve this issue.

I was also going to suggest checking the motor brushes. You will need to remove and disassemble the motor.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

DCS motors do not last long when operated at 48V. They last longer and operate best at 42V. You might want to start looking for a replacement.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
not-so-ezgo
Not Yet Wild

I had this... It was a loose wire on the FR switch. I have a series Medalist.. for reference.
not-so-ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you connected your computer and did the Auto-Cal on the throttle?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO