lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2018, 07:52 AM   #1
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rides Hard

When I am driving it rides rough, we feel every little bump, I have 22 PSI in all tires and it had new shocks installed with the wheels and tires shortly before I got it. What can I do to get a smoother ride???
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rides Hard

What tire size do you have on it? What is the side wall?
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The tire size is 23 x 10.50 x 12 and I just noticed that each tire has little arrow that says tire rotation and all my tires are rotating the wrong way. Did not know Gold Cart tires are made to rotate one way
Old 09-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

That helps to clear mud and debris from the tread as you drive. Remove the tires and swap to the other side to correct rotation direction. It really is that simple. The hard ride is tread type, sidewall construction, and inflation pressure. Your tread is more suited for all-terrain use. Radial belted street tires are better suited for use on the road and have sidewalls better suited for a softer ride.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

What is the best inflation pressure for those Big knobby Tires
Old 09-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #6
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have very similar tires and when I still had lead acid batteries I used to run 13 to 16psi. Reducing pressure will let it ride nicer, but add more drag so you may see top speed suffer or range degrade somewhat.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:33 AM   #7
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Today I plan to swap the tires around so I have them all rotating the correct way, I will also lower the pressure to around 18 and see how it rides. I would guess that lower tire pressure could lead to earlier tire wear down.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Think of it like putting 70 psi in your Chevy Malibu tires. It'll ride hard and you'll get better mpg. Put 32 psi and it'll be a softer ride with less mpg but you shouldn't get odd tire wear. Put 25 or less psi and you will get odd tire wear.

Same with the golf cart. Your cart will be modified slightly differently than everybody else's so you'll need to play with the tire pressure a bit to get what you want. But there should be no tire wear issue at 18psi.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #9
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Think of it like putting 70 psi in your Chevy Malibu tires. It'll ride hard and you'll get better mpg. Put 32 psi and it'll be a softer ride with less mpg but you shouldn't get odd tire wear. Put 25 or less psi and you will get odd tire wear.

Same with the golf cart. Your cart will be modified slightly differently than everybody else's so you'll need to play with the tire pressure a bit to get what you want. But there should be no tire wear issue at 18psi.
OK changed the two front tires around, I thought we had 22 PSI in them but it turns out we had 20 PSI, so I lowered it to 17.5 each tire, ALSO, I noticed the two rows of tread on each side of the tire are now tilted or angled forward, the three middle rows are zig zag and neutral so that might mean less noise on the road. Amazing what I learned from asking a simple question, in all my years of working on cars I did not know any tire rolled in specific direction except for Corvette tires
Old 09-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #10
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got All the tires rotating the correct way and it actually runs quieter on smooth pavement.

New bumping issue now popped up, will start a new thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO