lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #21
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: My 86 G2 build

Looks good. I love my G9, it started in worse condition than yours is in :) And a G2 in pieces...

You'll be able to save that body. Just sand it with some 400 grit to knock off the sun damaged/rotted stuff on the surface. Then go over it with some 800 grit, spray it with promoter and then high build primer. SAnd again... you'll never even know it was like that to begin with!

I live in the south. Everything plastic does that if you don't park it in the garage its entire life (ATV's, carts, car bumpers/fender flares, etc). Doesn't take it very long either, but with a little elbow grease its very much salvageable. Much better (And cheaper) option than trying to find another body, let alone one that's in as good of condition as yours is.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #22
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

20181014_144125.jpg

20181014_144143.jpg
A couple of Pictures of Dave's handy work! Nice job and Thanks again Dave.
JSkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #23
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriddle View Post
Nice find. Cart's in great shape. Looking really good!
The frame only surface rust. Even the battery box is intacked!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:08 PM   #24
Crackback
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I love following cool build threads like this. Looks great guys nice work!
Crackback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #25
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks everyone for the replies. It has been a bunch of fun! A lot more to do though...
Old 10-22-2018, 12:48 PM   #26
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Weekend progress included putting the rebuilt engine in along with primary and secondary clutches. We did have an issue with the fixed sheave on the secondary as it wobbled and looked like it wasn't true. So we went to take it off and see what may be the problem. It didn't want to come off...after some time, we managed to get the aluminum fixed sheave off and believe it got caught on the cotter key. We ended up putting the steel fixed sheave back on and all is good. I didn't think the 23" tires would rub with the 7" lift but they do while turning with 2 adults in the cart. I'll have to do some trimming and update ya'll later. I really hate to cut on the cart as the metal is in really good shape. I did a speed test and got 19mph, for some reason I thought it would be in the 20's. I should get my seats back this week and tighten everything up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #27
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is where I get the tire rub in the front while making a turn. Has anyone cut some of the support structure and welded in som round bar or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BD3B6DF6-886C-428F-9808-17E6997115FF.jpg (170.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 637DB815-4540-4937-B2F6-3BC0079CE091.jpg (183.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #28
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Does it hit the side rail only on the driver side? Sorry about the hassle with the new aluminum fixed sheave I must have not lined up the woodruff key and fixed sheave groove before tightening it, me bad. But for 125.00 for all those parts, anything can go wrong. Maybe a new accelerator cable # 1 will get it all the "throw" that is needed on that bent up govenor linkage. Cart Parts plus also sells a "speed spring" for Yamaha's ( I may have one at the shop) if you want to go faster. Just remember...G2's have a rev limiter in the ignitor. Can't wait to see what you have planned for this build. Or the other one.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:49 PM   #29
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I haven’t checked that fixed sheave for trueness yet but at least it is done correctly for now. Maybe I can pick up another governor linkage, the accelerator cable #1 and the speed spring? I think all I need is full throw on the carburetor, I don’t plan to run it on the hwy. I just thought top speed would be in the 20’s. As for the othe G2 I picked up, my initial plans are to get it rolling under its own power and find a top for it. Thanks again Dave for all the help!
Old 10-28-2018, 10:26 PM   #30
expo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Jeez, that engine compartment looks close to NEW.
expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha