lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #11
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

Just the rear footrest removable that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jasonnorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2019, 05:32 PM   #12
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf cart loading into back of a truck. I've got some troubleshooting to do!

Well I did get it up. Pulled it back down and will mess with it again when the weather improves.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:23 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Those ramps are way too short. Look at Dave's.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #15
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

Yup. But they were a free from my father in law... But yes, longer ranks would be ideal!

Old 03-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #16
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I'm not trying to be a smart A. But regardless of where they came from and what you paid for them that is a dangerous setup.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 06:37 PM   #17
jasonnorton
Not Yet Wild

No worries. And I don't disagree with you. That's one reason why I really really lock them down with a strap and used the winch instead of driving it up. This is a tactical solution while I try to figure out what I do long term.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:05 PM   #18
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Personally, I've never liked the bent ramps. I understand that bend increases their load carrying capacity though, so if you want ramps you can carry one handed and still load a cart I guess that'd do.

I have a set of straight ramps made from 1/4 thick C channel and angle iron. They probably weigh nearly 100 lbs each! But I've never worried about them holding the weight of my cart!

I know it's probably me being paranoid, but any time I've helped a buddy load a cart on the truck and he had the harbor freight ATV ramps I can't help but think and ATV doesn't have an extra 750 pounds of batteries...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #19
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I think your ramps are ok to use.....but it's that issue with the footrest dragging on the back.

The thing about ramps is, if you're driving up them you are applying a "force" on the ramp via the drive wheels pushing against them. That's when stuff can happen. (Not the only time... but it's a much higher chance) When you're winching the cart up, there is no pushing or applying a force to possibly kick out the ramps.

Now, the ramps could possibly slide out from the forces of gravity....but you can mitigate this using several methods.

Search the forum as someone did fabricate their footrest to be able to fold it up. It worked quite well.

As you can see from the pic below, I cut\drilled\tapped two pieces of brass pipe so that when I slide my ramps on, I #1-have a stop so they are always in the same place.....and #2--I have two more such gizmo's that I slide on the ends and tighten 'em down. That way the ramps cannot move side to side.....nor with the Factory Ford setup, do they have a chance of coming off.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

BTW.....I couldn't find the fabrication post, but I did find this if you can do your own fabrication. I know I'm not spending $500 for this kit.....but that's me!! https://www.golfcarcatalog.com/produ...2dUp-Foot-Rest
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO