lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Lowering cart

Hey guys - wanting to lower and level my cart out, current lift is too high and angled.

Any ideas you have are appreciated, want it to be just clearing tires

Hoping these pics load right...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A04ED9FE-B970-46BA-AEAB-362370666AFD.jpg (222.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 9F22177E-E33F-498E-84C8-565BA44CDFCA.jpg (175.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D48748BA-3867-4FDB-A19E-9EC24BECEAAB.jpg (137.7 KB, 0 views)
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lowering cart

I would think the golf clubs in the back wouldn't make enough difference to see the squat you have in the cart. But I see from your sig you also have a sub and AC system. That may account for some of the squat.

Or your springs may be shot in the back. They do go bad with use and load. check to see if they are flat or worse.

As for lowering the cart, you've got a back seat, clubs, amp, air conditioning system mounted somewhere and with a rear seat I presume you occasionally have people on there. So if you want the body to "be just clearing" the tires then you won't have much/any room for spring compression with these potential loads.

My assumption is you have a 6" lift with shot springs in the rear to cause the lean. Upgrading to new HD springs will fix the lean but put the rear end back up in the air and I don't know how small a lift you can go with and still have 23" tires.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
Hey guys - wanting to lower and level my cart out, current lift is too high and angled.

Any ideas you have are appreciated, want it to be just clearing tires

Hoping these pics load right...
Hard fo tell from the side view, but it looks to me like the lift in the rear was done with long shackles rather than blocks between the springs and axle. If so, I would replace with the correct blocks. That's how mine was when I first got it. The rear diff isn't held in the right position and the rear springs don't work as well with this method though I've seen it several times. Here was mine before with the long shackles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170811_075230.jpg (324.7 KB, 0 views)
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

You nailed it - yes I have 9” shackles in back and a 3 inch front spindle lift - bought it like that. I’ll look into a block lift I guess, how can I know what’s the minimum lift I can place on it?
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #5
JigginJim77
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
You nailed it - yes I have 9” shackles in back and a 3 inch front spindle lift - bought it like that. I’ll look into a block lift I guess, how can I know what’s the minimum lift I can place on it?
Just looked at your build thread. I had the same lift and spindles. I switched to a Rhox 6" kit. Leveled the cart, improved the ride, and greatly improved the turning radius as the spindles had no "rake", thus limiting the lock to lock steering range. I also added dual action HD springs.

Jakes claims their 3" spindle lift will allow up to 22" diameter tires.
JigginJim77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO