lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2019, 05:28 AM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default DPI battery charger

A guy came over with a dead club car DS 36 volt resistor cart, I ask him to bring me the charger that charges the cart after plugging in the charger the max voltage I get is 43.6 volts Its a DPI charger, Is that normal?
I had to replace the key switch The guy took the cart to be repaired and after a new solenoid was installed the guy was told that he needed a new motor. Now I know I'm a rookie at this but I'm not sure how you can tell it needs a new motor unless the batteries are charged and you at least have a working key switch.

As I said I put a key switch in and I have it on charged but after installing the switch I turned it on and hit the gas then the cart acted like it wanted to go just not enough power. I may freshen up the F&R switch since I have a couple laying around.
Just that charger number seems low.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: DPI battery charger

You can measure resistance on the motor terminals. Not sure which ones but, it can be looked up. No power needed.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:05 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...otor-test.html

Try this. This is something CTD Posted for ezgo but the same basic principles should apply.

I believe 43-44v charge on a 36v pack is about normal. as long as resting voltage is around 38.5 or so once it settles, should be fine.

Wouldnt hurt to load test the batteries individually though. Voltage being available doesnt necessarily mean current demand and capacity is also available under load.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:56 AM   #4
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks alot guys,
After charging this cart and then waiting overnite I test the batteries 2 @ 6.1 2 @5.9-6.0 1 @3.6 and 1 @ 4.5
I think I know where the problem is.
The motor still acts like it wants to go, So I think it just needs batteries.

At least I put an effort into it for the guy. He may take it back home and let it set.
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:19 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
Thanks alot guys,
After charging this cart and then waiting overnite I test the batteries 2 @ 6.1 2 @5.9-6.0 1 @3.6 and 1 @ 4.5
I think I know where the problem is.
The motor still acts like it wants to go, So I think it just needs batteries.

At least I put an effort into it for the guy. He may take it back home and let it set.
Check your PM might be able to help :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car