lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Adding turn signal to my 2010 Precedent

I have a 2010 Club Car Precedent that came with front and rear lights. From day 1 I thought the lights were alot brighter than they should. It wasn't until I installed a WetSounds sound bar did I find out why. The lights were wired to 2 of the 8 volt batteries so they were running at 16 volts. I didn't want to run a voltage reducer to run the lights and sound bar off the battery pack so I installed an auxiliary 12 volt deep cycle battery under the rear seat in the bag well area. I have no idea if the lights are OEM or some added aftermarket kit. I would like to add turn signals so that I can make my cart street legal for the community I live in. Any ideas what I need to look for or what turn signal kit I would need? I would like a plug and play kit if possible.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2019, 08:30 PM   #2
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Adding turn signal to my 2010 Precedent

I may not have the complete answer but I'll try. Take the cover off that the light sw and keyswitch are mounted to. Look near the base of the steering column. If there is a empty 12 or 16 pin connector you are already wired up. The next thing is where do you find the parts. You could look all over the internet and all you will find is people selling complete light kits but all you need is the turn signal arm and possibly the horn. After looking for months I found that the only dealer that will sell you parts and not the entire kit is Revolution Golf Carts. TahoeDawg aka David Hicks is his name. He is on the forum. You have to call and order the parts. I don't know the number but it should be easy to lookup. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Revolution. I just like to recommend him because he saved me a lot of money when I needed a turn signal arm.

More Info:
David Hicks - Owner - Revolution Golf Cars www.RevolutionGolfCars.com

UPGRADE PACKAGES for DS IQ and Precedent, OEM Speed Sensors and MCORS, Lift Kits, and Much More! Call and talk to a human! 706-431-3917
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I know most people want turn signals to make carts street legal. It is likely written in some rule. But as far as I know hand signals are still legal on autos that came without turn signals. I know they are where I live. We have lots of farm tractors on local roads and they use them all the time.

Thing is depending on where you are most people may not have a clue what you are doing.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:19 PM   #4
JRL
Gone Wild

Turn signal switches are all over the internet, ebay and AMZ. Rhox, EPR Dist, and others sell just the controller, or complete light kit. Search "golf cart turn signal".
You'll want to verify that your tail and front park lights have dual filament bulbs if you want tail/turn/park/brake functions. Should be an unused lead on each light (assuming you don't have brake lights installed?). If you have the correct light sockets, the rest is easy.
You can add turn signals with no more than a spdt switch, a variable rate flasher and some wiring. If you are prewired, and find the accessory plug in the dash, you can buy prewired (plug'play) and if needed, adaptors to allow easy connection.
Check your lights for 3 leads exiting each fixture...Amber and red lights. That'll be a ground, park, and turn/brake circuits. If only two wires on each light, you don't have turn or brake circuits. We're not counting the headlight socket proper, only the markers. If you have brake lights, you likely have factory accessory plugs with dual filaments.
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 11:58 AM   #5
ekschwab
Not Yet Wild

Hi @JRL, I have a 2011 Club Car Precedent that came with headlights that have a blinker spot and taillights (see attached picture). Based on your post from a few years ago, I assume I won't need to get the entire lighting kit in order to install a turn signal. Is that correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6755.jpg (6.6 KB, 0 views)
ekschwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car