lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2019, 02:59 PM   #1
ffron69
Not Yet Wild

Default Help removing lift kit or other options?

Hi All - we bought an 08 RXV Gas and it has the Jakes 6inch (I think) spindle lift kit on it. At our camp there are hills and if you get ojn the gas it lifts the front tires and scares the crap out of us. Going through the grass areas that aren't perfectly even feels very unstable and steering is all over the place. I know it needs a tie rod end (I have it just haven;t put it on) and aligned. I know that will help the squirmy steering a lot (or it should) BUT that still won;t fix the front end coming up off the ground and the "unstable feeling" when not on level ground.

I was thinking about taking the lift kit off - and if so what am I getting into/will I need a bunch of parts cause I have nothing but what is already on the cart?

Is there a better option? Will different tires help?

Also the park brake is VERY hard to engage and it take effort to stop the cart. Could this be a simple adjustment?

Any and ALL help would be greatly appreciated - we also considered selling it and buying one with out a lift on it... I can not figure out how to attach a picture so here is the cl ad link

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/sn...875287592.html

I do like the look and the height is cool but would rather have it keep the front wheels on the ground and get the stability back.
ffron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
oncearacer52
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Help removing lift kit or other options?

Definitely change out that tie rod end. I had to put my toe in all the way to get my steering to stabilize after the 6" lift kit.
oncearacer52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check toe adjustment. Often overlooked.

Do you have a cargo box or rear seat? A load or passengers behind the rear axle on uphill grades can be very unstable.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:50 PM   #4
ffron69
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will
Old 05-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #5
ffron69
Not Yet Wild

I will thank you - I have a rear seat. The issue is even when there isn;t anyone on it the thing is still popping wheelies and I have a 16 year old just learning to drive - very hesitant to let her drive it after she almost dumped it over backwards
Old 05-01-2019, 11:35 PM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lifted carts are inherently less stable than stock carts but I haven't heard complaints of popping unwanted wheelies. You might want to post some pics of the suspension so folks familiar with the RXV model can offer advice.

You might also look at the installation instructions for that lift and compare them to what you see under the cart. Product liability lawyers exist because some people aren't smart enough to install a light bulb correctly. The lift installer could be one of that group? Just a thought....
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
ffron69
Not Yet Wild

LOL I had that in mind, I figured the height would add some degree of unstable feeling and if I could find a way to keep the front end from lifting up it'd make me a lot more comfortable. Starting on an uphill slope or cornering on an uphill slope are the worst by far. Funny part is some people spend lots of cash on vehicles getting them to do wheelies and here I am trying to stop it! when I get under there I will certainly get pictures posted of the suspension...thank you very much for the reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO