lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
ProXJC
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 wont accelerate

I have a 99 g16, it seems to run for a few yards then starts to act funny. It doesn't accelerate under a load or up a hill, spits and sputters. I replaced the carb, fuel filter, air cleaner, throttle cable, spark plug, and it still lacks power. If I take the belt off and rev it, seems to reach rpms. Put the belt back on and jack up the rear end, still seems to run rough under a load. The clutchs are fully shifting and don't seem to be worn. My crazy kids may have taken it through some water, so now im wondering if it is ignition related? Maybe a new coil???
ProXJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2019, 07:16 AM   #2
ProXJC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G16 wont accelerate

Replaced the carb again, fuel lines, ignition coil, and changed the oil. Seems to be running better..... til next time!
Old 09-11-2019, 07:51 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

$20 carbs from china (Mokini) aren't the answer. Disassemble and clean the OEM Mikuni carb. You'll be happier. Same thing goes for ignition parts from china...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
ProXJC
Not Yet Wild

Well that didn't last long, cart still seems to be acting up still. Did a plug and compression check. Plug was real sooty and compression was around 150PSI. Leaning toward a rebuild.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #5
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

150 isn't too bad on compression, I would seriously consider cleaning the stock carb, and if the ignition or coil are knock offs, put the originals in and see how it does. Those aftermarket parts are awful.

Also, make sure the air box is sealed 1000% any small air leaks can and will make these things run like crap.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:40 AM   #6
ProXJC
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
$20 carbs from china (Mokini) aren't the answer. Disassemble and clean the OEM Mikuni carb. You'll be happier. Same thing goes for ignition parts from china...
Anyone know where I can buy a OEM carb? Local dealer is out of business.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:08 AM   #7
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...OV%20Parts%204
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha