lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2019, 02:05 AM   #11
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club car carryall 6 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehumanlynx View Post
I see what you are saying now. Normal front seat, second row facing rear so that one big double size box houses the batteries. Then a gap with the rear seat over the axle?
. If the price is right it is probably worth giving it a go.
The two front seats are singles then a bench seat facing back with the back against the cab then about 18" to the front of the rear seat facing forward. You'd have the two added bench seats facing each other with a total of maybe 18" leg room. Not sure what that would be like. All the pics I saw they all face forward but the cart is longer when having 2 extra bench seats. You could probably have a 3rd extra bench seat at the same floor level making it 8 person with another with the back against the second and facing back. You wouldn't have tail lights though. You might have to space the 3rd seat so the downward part clears the leaf springs.

If you put two bench seats back to back lengthwise they might only be able to be 36" long and the foot boards on each side would likely have to extend a few inches wider than the cart. Not sure if that's a no, no. That's with what looks like standard size 18-19" wide bench seats.
With seats long ways for some reason to me it doesn't seem like it would look wrong to even have them higher which might make it all easier to do, not sure. I have a vague vision of zoo shuttles that look something like that. Even just having 6' of bench seating on both sides right on the bed with 8-10" running boards/foot boards might not look bad. Maybe just make a whole one piece with seats and foot rests that would fit right over the bed. Molded fiberglass might be nice. Someone ought to manufacture and market something like that.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #12
alchemy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club car carryall 6 conversion

just thought I might mention that I just found out that a 36" bench seat is fine for seating. Picked a perfect one up from an auction only because no one wanted it and it went for 2.00. I already had measured it and thought it was too short and wasn't interested but for that I just got it. Not sure what it came from but it fits well on my cart, my yamaha too. 36" seems fine for two people. It might be an extra seat for an SUV or something. The regular golf cart hardware will bolt on easily and it looks good. Two, back to back, long ways, would be a perfect fit behind the cab for this conversion although the foot rests would need to be mounted wider than the cart.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car