lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default 2017 Precedent surges, 1 battery reads 6.2v

I have a 2017 precedent, that we were just out riding, and when you give it full pedal at a stop it bucks , then once it keeps bucking and gets up to speed, its fine.

I checked all the battery voltages, and they all read 8.2 after a hour ride, except for one battery reads 6.2v

The total pack read 47v after an hour discharge 3/4 pedal for a hour

Does it need a full set of batteries, or just one?

I'm charging them full now, to get a full pack reading after a complete charge,

We just picked this up 2 weeks ago and completed the build for it and took it out for it's first ride tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190907_114928.jpg (577.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190907_115049.jpg (382.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190907_114950.jpg (556.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190907_115843.jpg (327.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20190907_201423.jpg (172.3 KB, 0 views)
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 Precedent surges, 1 battery reads 6.2v

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
I have a 2017 precedent, that we were just out riding, and when you give it full pedal at a stop it bucks , then once it keeps bucking and gets up to speed, its fine.

I checked all the battery voltages, and they all read 8.2 after a hour ride, except for one battery reads 6.2v

The total pack read 47v after an hour discharge 3/4 pedal for a hour

Does it need a full set of batteries, or just one?

I'm charging them full now, to get a full pack reading after a complete charge,

We just picked this up 2 weeks ago and completed the build for it and took it out for it's first ride tonight
That one battery is probably toast. Try reading pack voltage when under load it might be sagging below the low voltage cut off of the controller. Idk what that voltage is on the oem controllers. I'm sure someone here can tell you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 Precedent surges, 1 battery reads 6.2v

Good looking cart

Did you check to see if any of the cells were dry? Even just one dry cell in that battery would be enough to give that reading.

If it's just a dry cell you can top it up and charge it and it will recover (it will probably be weaker than the others but it will still be OK). If none of the cells were dry then it probably indicates that you have a bad cell and therefore the battery is toast.

If the battery is bad then you have a decision. How old are the batteries? You should find a date stamp on the terminals. If they are not too old and still strong you could just replace the one battery BUT it will pull that battery down to the level of the others and you'll never get the full life from your new battery.

If you have a dealer near you, you could try to get a good second hand battery that is the same age as the others. That will keep you going until you eventually need to replace the pack. As far as I know, a good second hand battery of the same age is actually better than a new battery at this stage because the pack will be better balanced.

Good luck.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car