lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #1
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How to get a Speed Upgrade on 2012 RXV?

I am new to the forum and electric golf carts, I searched a bit but wasn't able to find quite what I am looking for.

I just picked up a used 2012 RXV (48v) date code (J1312) for my teen kids to get around in the community. The person I bought it from bought it CPO from a local dealer last year with new, batteries (4 Trojan 12v), new wheels and tires, new body with light kit.

Right now it's 12-13 MPH max and I am looking for just a bit more speed to keep up with my Gas Cart 15-17 MPH. Right now the 2-3 MPH makes a difference. I am not looking to unlock to freedom mode - just a bit more MPH.
Is there something I can do myself, a scanner tool to buy? I am fairly handy and preferable this is something I can do myself as the dealer here charges $175 for just pick up.

At the worst case if this is not something I can do myself (tool cost too much for one time use) what controller is recommended? I am not sure I want to spend $1,000 on the Navitas, nor am I sure I want the kids to have the ability to make the cart faster on the fly. I like that for myself but not for the kids.

I greatly appreciate the help.
localbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to get a Speed Upgrade on 2012 RXV?

Do you know how to take the controller out of the cart? If so I can help getting it mailed to Bob so he can work his magic on it.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #3
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Do you know how to take the controller out of the cart? If so I can help getting it mailed to Bob so he can work his magic on it.
I have never done it before but I went to YouTube University so I am sure I can figure it out. So I would remove it and send it to Bob? Happy to learn more about that - Thank You!!
Old 10-20-2019, 06:22 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You need 3 posts before you can send or receive pms. Also you might have to wait an hour before it kicks in.

I'll pm you with how to do it and send it to Bob.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:42 PM   #5
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
You need 3 posts before you can send or receive pms. Also you might have to wait an hour before it kicks in.

I'll pm you with how to do it and send it to Bob.
I guess I need to post some more :)
Thanks for the assistance. Is sending it to Bob the only way, there’s nothing I can do myself?

Again happy to learn more sonill take what I can get.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob does programming trips every now and then. That is when he come to your cart and reprograms it. He is on one right now in Florida. But he does charge to come to your house. Don't ask the cost that's between you and Bob.

Where do you live?
Old 10-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am in NYC so that’s quite the haul for a house call. I don’t mind sending it out especially now since it’s getting ready to go into storage mode.

I guess what I am also asking is there a way someone like me can do this myself?
And what options do I have? Is there a scanner tool that can set max speed. I am not looking for the Freedom unlock - unless that’s my only option.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:12 PM   #8
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

For you to do it you will need a Passkey and a OEM Curtis handheld programmer. The Passkey will get you 17.5mph the handheld will get it up to 19.5mph.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #9
localbar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Whoa! The combination of both cost the same as buying a new upgraded controller. Do I have that right?

I guess once I can PM I’ll see what it involved to have Bob Service it.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes it's very costly. That's why most go with Bob.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO