lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
Ctosiflying
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax XTC48400PD+ not turning on. Bad OBC?

Hello guys.
My XTC48400PD+ will not light up the status light on my 2002 Club Car DS Re gen.
I sent it in to Alltrax and it tested out fine. I'm thinking my issue is a bad OBC.
I'm looking to bypass it and go with a smart charger. How do i bypass the OBC and still get the Alltrax Controller to turn on? Thanks in advance!
Ctosiflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax XTC48400PD+ not turning on. Bad OBC?

Does your charger still work when plugged in? Typically if the oBC fails it will no longer turn the charger on, and this is usually the only reason to replace it.

The OBC provides 48V to the solenoid, several pins at the controller, and the FnR switch. Before it gets there it goes through a welded splice connection that is known for causing problems. The splice is a connection of 7 wires and the 48v coming from the OBC is split out to 6 different places at that splice.

Find the 6 pin connector at the OBC. With the key On, with Tow/run switch in Run you should have pack voltage at the White wire going into the OBC.
You should have 48v coming out of the OBC on the Blue wire. If you have 48V at the blue wire, the OBC is fine and you need to follow the wiring and find the splice connection and repair it.

If you do not have 48V on the blue wire coming out of the OBC, then check the RED wire going into the OBC for 48v. The red wire is the main power in and if that is not present the OBC will not function correctly.
If you have 48v going in on the white wire and the red wire but still no 48v coming out on the blue wire, then you'll need to jumper the Blue wire to the White wire on the OBC side of the connector. Clip the blue wire and tape off the end that goes to the OBC. Join the harness side to the white wire with solder/heat shrink, or a sealed crimp connector.

This should be the diagram for your cart.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

In the Alltrax Software there is a setting for the OBC lockout. I believe it is under the tools tab. Maybe a quick check would be to see if your cart moves with the charger plugged in. If it does then the setting is backwards
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Ctosiflying
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Does your charger still work when plugged in? Typically if the oBC fails it will no longer turn the charger on, and this is usually the only reason to replace it.

The OBC provides 48V to the solenoid, several pins at the controller, and the FnR switch. Before it gets there it goes through a welded splice connection that is known for causing problems. The splice is a connection of 7 wires and the 48v coming from the OBC is split out to 6 different places at that splice.

Find the 6 pin connector at the OBC. With the key On, with Tow/run switch in Run you should have pack voltage at the White wire going into the OBC.
You should have 48v coming out of the OBC on the Blue wire. If you have 48V at the blue wire, the OBC is fine and you need to follow the wiring and find the splice connection and repair it.

If you do not have 48V on the blue wire coming out of the OBC, then check the RED wire going into the OBC for 48v. The red wire is the main power in and if that is not present the OBC will not function correctly.
If you have 48v going in on the white wire and the red wire but still no 48v coming out on the blue wire, then you'll need to jumper the Blue wire to the White wire on the OBC side of the connector. Clip the blue wire and tape off the end that goes to the OBC. Join the harness side to the white wire with solder/heat shrink, or a sealed crimp connector.

This should be the diagram for your cart.
I only have pack voltage going into the OBC at the red,and white and also comming out on the Blue wire from the OBC. But no power on on the Alltrax.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #5
Ctosiflying
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
In the Alltrax Software there is a setting for the OBC lockout. I believe it is under the tools tab. Maybe a quick check would be to see if your cart moves with the charger plugged in. If it does then the setting is backwards
NO lockout on my software.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Like I said above, if you do have voltage on the Blue wire coming out of the OBC, then your OBC is fine. You need to follow the blue wire in the harness and find the welded splice connection in the harness and repair the splice connection.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Assuming you have the adapter for the Alltrax. Alltrax support can tell you which pins need to have power (+) to fire up the control. A quick look at the booklet shows the pedal micro switch is powering the pin 3. It's a pretty stripped down operating system. Assuming the OBC checks out okay - I'd say if you have Controller B- to battery and and (+) to pin 3 the controller should be alive. But I've been wrong before.
Alltrax support can be reached at 541-476-3565-ext 3
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:02 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like you have the model without the DB Solenoid like the diagram below:
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 06:10 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm not real familiar with this cart having never owned a Regen 1 or 2.
Below is the Alltrax diagram showing the simplified operation of the cart.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DOC110-017-B_DWG-XCT-CLUBCAR-PDPLUS-wire-dia.pdf (300.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Regardless of which version it is, the Tow/Run 48v input to the controller still comes from the blue wire from the OBC, and it still goes through the welded splice in the harness before it goes to the controller.

Tags
2002 ds 48v xtc48400pd+
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car