lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
Mxrider3371
Not Yet Wild

Default 1992 Yamaha G8 secondary clutch

Hey guys looking for some help regarding the secondary clutch on my Yamaha 1992 G8. I just last week replaced the primary clutch because it was literally broken. New one worked great rode it around a few days then all of a sudden some hard jerks and high revs I take a look to notice the secondary spring is way bowed out on one side about to break. The part I need help with is finding a replacement. I usually get stuff from golfcartking.com and they don’t have the complete secondary setup for the G8. I called them and they are telling me the G8 secondary is different the rest of the models and I’d have to
Piece it together. Any suggestions? I’d like to do a compete replacement
Mxrider3371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 Yamaha G8 secondary clutch

I've got this, and it will work. I've got the regular 4" spring, too.

http://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=162896
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
Mxrider3371
Not Yet Wild

I might take you up in this as a plan B. I’d like to buy all new with the high torq spring pre assembled. I’m not sure that is possible tho? That’s basically what i need HELP with anyone??
Old 05-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Cant do any yamaha secondary clutch "pre-assembled" prior to 2007. Has to be compressed together as its installed. I would suggest using all G16 through G22 parts, they fit just fine, and have some durability improvements for the spring seat vs prior models. Dont forget the "snap ring eliminating spacer" it should be done on ALL G22 & prior models in my opinion.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #5
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

You hit the lottery - between cgtech & Dave in VA, you are covered.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:11 AM   #6
Mxrider3371
Not Yet Wild

Cgtech are you able to help me order the correct parts? Send me some websites you suggest maybe? Sorry I’m newer to the golf cart world but I have this 1992 G8 and Id like to make sure evehthing is correct. I work in cars so I’m mechanically inclined so I can do the work I’m just not sure about getting the correct parts and the g8 seems to not be listed for many secondary clutch parts. Any help is appreciated. I’m in the Pittsburgh PA area
Old 05-05-2020, 05:39 AM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Www.plowmanscarts.com
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:02 AM   #8
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Cant do any yamaha secondary clutch "pre-assembled" prior to 2007. Has to be compressed together as its installed. I would suggest using all G16 through G22 parts, they fit just fine, and have some durability improvements for the spring seat vs prior models. Dont forget the "snap ring eliminating spacer" it should be done on ALL G22 & prior models in my opinion.
I haven't seen this before. All compressed, ready to install. But they don't seem to sell the compression tool separate.

https://diygolfcart.com/yamaha-g2-22-driven-clutch-kit/
Old 05-05-2020, 07:16 AM   #9
Mxrider3371
Not Yet Wild

That plowmans website is kinda hard to navigate. That pre assembled clutch on DIY repair site is exactly what I’m looking for but it doesn’t state it will fit a Yamaha G8, which is what I have. I will get a picture of my cart tonight. You can clearly see the spring is bent on the secondary. Sheaves seem to be smooth and ok tho. I have new belt and new primary clutch installed. Tried getting the secondary off last night with my dewalt impact gun and it didn’t budge it so might put heat to it this evening. I’ve had the cart ten years so this thing might even be original or something it’s really on there
Old 05-05-2020, 07:23 AM   #10
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxrider3371 View Post
That plowmans website is kinda hard to navigate. That pre assembled clutch on DIY repair site is exactly what I’m looking for but it doesn’t state it will fit a Yamaha G8, which is what I have. I will get a picture of my cart tonight. You can clearly see the spring is bent on the secondary. Sheaves seem to be smooth and ok tho. I have new belt and new primary clutch installed. Tried getting the secondary off last night with my dewalt impact gun and it didn’t budge it so might put heat to it this evening. I’ve had the cart ten years so this thing might even be original or something it’s really on there
That clutch will work on your G8. Are you using the correct puller for the clutch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puller2.jpg (37.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha