lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2020, 01:21 PM   #1
Donsbach58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZ Go Gas Rebuild Part Needed

Greetings all. I have a 2001 ezgo gas, 295cc 4 stroke. Had a rod come apart and damaged the crankshaft. I have 2 new rods and new crankshaft. I took the old spacer off the old crank and installed on new one. When I install the crankcase end cover the engine locks up. I ordered new spacers from Textron in GA. I've tried new ones with same result. Now there is a .6MM spacer listed but the tech service at Textron said that part is not available. I've called several other places that deal with these parts and no one has it. Wondering if anyone knows of a golf cart repair shop or parts department that might have it. As stated this is a .6MM spacer, part # 26684G01. Thank you.
Donsbach58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go Gas Rebuild Part Needed

If you can't find it anywhere and know the dimensions I would think a machine shop could make you one
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Are you using a gasket on the crankcase cover? Or using permatex type stuff to make a gasket? I dont know about these because I havent tried, I've always used a gasket. But other motors I've worked on require that gasket as a spacer or the crank locks up without the fee thousandths extra clearance the gasket provides.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:02 PM   #4
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsbach58 View Post
Greetings all. I have a 2001 ezgo gas, 295cc 4 stroke. Had a rod come apart and damaged the crankshaft. I have 2 new rods and new crankshaft. I took the old spacer off the old crank and installed on new one. When I install the crankcase end cover the engine locks up. I ordered new spacers from Textron in GA. I've tried new ones with same result. Now there is a .6MM spacer listed but the tech service at Textron said that part is not available. I've called several other places that deal with these parts and no one has it. Wondering if anyone knows of a golf cart repair shop or parts department that might have it. As stated this is a .6MM spacer, part # 26684G01. Thank you.
Country Cat has them. Google them
They have different sizes. I buy from them all the time as they are an ezgo dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg country cat spacers.jpg (202.8 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
Donsbach58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks trig123. I put in the part # and the description came right up. BUT, when I added to cart a pop up appeared saying part no longer available. Thanks anyway. I'll keep looking.
Donsbach58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

It shows it is in stock. All of them. Did you go to the site I said ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crank spacer.jpg (53.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #7
1arunem
Gone Wild

Trig, the part you pulled up is the .8 spacer. I think he is saying he needs the .6
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1arunem View Post
Trig, the part you pulled up is the .8 spacer. I think he is saying he needs the .6
My mistake. Yesterday I thought I put the 0.6 inn shopping cart and it showed in stock. I must have been seeing things or someone bought it . I know they were not available on shopezgo yesterday but I thought they did show up at country cat, Sorry
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO