lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
Adjake
Not Yet Wild

Default Pds 36v runs slow....reverse then forward runs normal

Wanted to post this problem and solution for others because I have read through countless threads on this without a solution ever posted. I did find one post deep deep into a thread that helped.

Initially the cart was in for a bad solenoid. Replaced solenoid and all was well.

Cart came back in and it was running at shuttle/airport speed. Odd thing was, you could put the cart in reverse then back to forward and it would run normal. Went through all the diagnostics controller pinout etc. all was normal.
Started throwing random parts at it (controller, its, f&r etc) nothing. Dif was leaking around the motor, pulled the motor, covered in burnt gear oil. Thought I found it. Had a good motor laying around so I swapped it..same condition.

Today, digging deeper into this forum I found another post with a similar issue. Red wire from solenoid to pin 5 was damaged. Looked like in time it rubbed through the small post until it finally “almost” failed. It must have been hanging on by a thread, because voltage and continuity read normal.

Anyway repaired that and all is well.
Hope this helps someone else
Adjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pds 36v runs slow....reverse then forward runs normal

I take it this is a PDS cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO