lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 06:25 AM   #1
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Ordered 2011 Precedent - Have Mod Questions

The CC Precedent I ordered is a 2011. Its coming with new batteries, a new Alpha body & Speed Code 4 Programming. I opted to order it without a lift kit or aftermarket wheels and tires because I wanted to do a different lift, wheels and tires than he offered. Plus id rather install it all myself anyways. It should be ready to be picked up next week if not the following.

Onto my questions.

#1. The very first thing I will be doing is making a set of cables. I have #2, #1, 2/0 & 4/0 but will probably just use the #1. Regardless which size cable I use, ive read that 4ga is about the largest you can fit through the OBC. With that said, I know there is a brass stud kit you can get. I also read that some guys keep the factory wire running through the OBC and running the larger cable around the OBC. Do this still allow the OBC to still work correctly? What is my best option?

#2. The cart will be used mostly for neighborhood cruising and i plan to do a Long Travel Kit to provide the best ride. The LT improves the ride in the front, what options do I have to improve the ride in the rear? The cart will have a rear seat so I was going to install HD springs at the same time but is there any other options for the rear that may ride better when no one is sitting on the back? I was thinking something along the lines of removing all the leafs except the longest one and then use air shocks in the rear. I know shocks aren't designed to support weight, just control it but I really want it to ride good.

#3 Rear U-Bolts.... Most of the lift kits ive seen only use one U-Bolt to secure the axle to the springs, which I don't like. Is there a kit that uses 2?

I have a bunch more questions but instead of bombarding yall with tons of questions at once ill ask them later.

Thanks Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Ordered 2011 Precedent - Have Mod Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z7What View Post
The CC Precedent I ordered is a 2011. Its coming with new batteries, a new Alpha body & Speed Code 4 Programming. I opted to order it without a lift kit or aftermarket wheels and tires because I wanted to do a different lift, wheels and tires than he offered. Plus id rather install it all myself anyways. It should be ready to be picked up next week if not the following.

Onto my questions.

#1. The very first thing I will be doing is making a set of cables. I have #2, #1, 2/0 & 4/0 but will probably just use the #1. Regardless which size cable I use, ive read that 4ga is about the largest you can fit through the OBC. With that said, I know there is a brass stud kit you can get. I also read that some guys keep the factory wire running through the OBC and running the larger cable around the OBC. Do this still allow the OBC to still work correctly? What is my best option? #2 will fit thru the OBC. Just lube it and pull it. You can not go around it or drill it.

#2. The cart will be used mostly for neighborhood cruising and i plan to do a Long Travel Kit to provide the best ride. The LT improves the ride in the front, what options do I have to improve the ride in the rear? The cart will have a rear seat so I was going to install HD springs at the same time but is there any other options for the rear that may ride better when no one is sitting on the back? I was thinking something along the lines of removing all the leafs except the longest one and then use air shocks in the rear. I know shocks aren't designed to support weight, just control it but I really want it to ride good. People have removed dome of the springs to soften the ride, but I never have to and like the ride

#3 Rear U-Bolts.... Most of the lift kits ive seen only use one U-Bolt to secure the axle to the springs, which I don't like. Is there a kit that uses 2? All-Sports SS kit does have 2

I have a bunch more questions but instead of bombarding yall with tons of questions at once ill ask them later.

Thanks Wayne
See above
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I'm pretty new here myself, but since nobody has responded yet, I'll toss a little of what I've learned your way:

2AWG is plenty large enough for your purposes. Are you soldering or crimping?

I've never ridden in a cart with long travel to compare it to standard travel, but the standard lift kits I've ridden in felt like Cadillacs. Your tire and wheel choice will affect it, perhaps more than LT vs. standard. For the rear, instead of doing HD springs, do the dual rate springs.

One U bolt is just fine on the back...many kits, and OEM, use it. All Sport kits use two, but there's an 8 week lead time on them. They are the only US made kit, and the same kit that Club Car uses as OEM on the new factory lifted carts.

Check out the site sponsors (namely Revolution and Carts Unlimited)

Edit: Looks like El Jefe answered your questions as I did, too. lol.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

That happens a lot around here when we are all on....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car