lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #1
LosGuys
Not Yet Wild

Default F/R switch replacement

Good afternoon,
Could you please help me I've been trying to figure this cart out for years. It's supposedly a 95 ezgo txt. At least that's what the serial number plate says. I want to replace this f/r switch. The current one doesn't belong and falls out all the time. I know on another post JohnnyB and kgsc replied about an early style and newer style wiring setup on the dpdt switch. How do I know if I have newer or older style.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3181 (1).jpg (94.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3182 (1).jpg (163.7 KB, 0 views)
LosGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: F/R switch replacement

If it has a plastic body, you have an early 1995 TXT with a DCS (Sepex) drive system.

The back of the switch looks like the early DCS F/R, but not the shift lever in front. I don't have the foggiest idea what the front part is.

That can be replaced with an off-the-shelf DPDT/Center-OFF toggle switch, or a SPDT/Center-OFF toggle switch with a diode is added.

If you want to dress it up a bit, a Club Car F/R switch and housing can be used. Here is a video of somebody replacing one on a CC to give you an idea what it'll look like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KUCJJO_uzI

It is a bit tricky since that switch comes in SPDT/Center-OFF and DPDT/Center-OFF versions and I don't know the part numbers for either.

The place I get most of my stuff from sells the CC housing and switch, but the picture show a SPDT, so I don't know if he has the DPDT, which I prefer. See bottom of this page: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/f---r--switches.html

The early type switch replacement drawing is attached. If you use a SPDT type switch, connect the red wire to the center (common) terminal and replace the jumper wire between the outer two terminals with a diode with the banded end connected to the terminal with the Orange wire attached.

Also attached are pictures of the early style and the later style DCS F/R switch assemblies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Replace Early Type DCS FNR with DPDT switch.jpg (45.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Early DCS F-R with diode-.jpg (195.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Later model DCS F & R.JPG (121.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg neutral.jpg (169.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO