lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2021, 04:45 PM   #1
jkcc4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default New Navitas question?

I just had a local dealer install a 440 Navitas. Picked it up today and I am pleased with the speed performance. However I am concerned with the electronic engine braking. It seems a little to much. I downloaded the Navitas App. What should it be set at? Thanks.
jkcc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
texasflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New Navitas question?

Set it to whatever you’re comfortable with. I think people who live in hilly areas like it set higher so when they’re going downhill they don’t have to ride the brakes. Where I live it’s really flat so I have it all the way down so I can coast and it drives more similar to a car/truck.
texasflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:12 PM   #3
jkcc4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I didn’t get the OTF with the controller and the APP won’t allow me to make the changes. Do you think I should get the OTF? Thanks for the reply!
Old 03-22-2021, 08:26 PM   #4
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcc4 View Post
I didn’t get the OTF with the controller and the APP won’t allow me to make the changes. Do you think I should get the OTF? Thanks for the reply!
Absolutely I’d make the purchase for the OTF. I use my regan alot! I use it more than my pedal brake, it works well!
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 11:39 PM   #5
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You can't change the settings in the app because you need the next level of the app's programming features turned on.

Create an account in the Navitas App.
Go to this webpage and request they turn on the "dealer config" for your account: https://www.navitasvs.com/copy-of-contact

You will need to provide your name, email and your Navitas App User ID that you created.

Navitas will turn on the functionality for you and you can change the Accel, Regen, and Speed settings and other stuff too.
Imapled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:46 AM   #6
limaynard
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

They did it for me in less than an hour.

Sent from my XQ-AU52 using Tapatalk
limaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:04 AM   #7
texasflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What they said. Create an account on the app and contact Navitas to open up the adjustable settings. Personally, I don't use my OTF controller much while driving. It takes 10 seconds to make adjustments in the app and once I find my sweet spot, I'm not messing with it while driving.
Old 03-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #8
jkcc4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for all the help. Navitas opened up my APP. It’s a little overwhelming to say the least. I just want to reduce the Regen. So do I just lower the number? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #9
texasflyer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Thanks for all the help. Navitas opened up my APP. It’s a little overwhelming to say the least. I just want to reduce the Regen. So do I just lower the number? Thanks
Yep. Lower regen to minimize motor braking and coast when you're foot comes off the pedal. Higher regen will make the motor brake as soon as you release the acceleration pedal.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:30 PM   #10
jkcc4
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Again thanks! But I am a newbie so I have 1 more question for now! I had a local dealer install the controller.....but after some research I may have had a bad speed sensor causing my slower speed(10 mph max) because the speed doesn’t show on the app(RPM or MPH) tested with the Navitas tech on the phone. He said I had a bad speed sensor. But I am really happy with the controller. Just don’t think the shop configured anything correctly. My pedal goes half way down before the cart moves. I assume I need to get a new speed sensor and recalibrate the pedal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car