lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Formula for calculating cart speed form motor RPM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
From the home page or any section pages click on "quick links" (between search and log out) Scroll down to " speed calculator" 3rd from the bottom.

Might have to be signed it to see it.
Found it, Thanks.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2021, 06:58 PM   #12
BlueChez1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

JohnnieB,

I'm going to take his response ae Max Allowable.

"Max RPM for the Bandit is 4500 RPM’s."

Matt Steen
Plum Quick Sales
plumquick.com
803-548-7205

I was just calculating a random speed using 4100 RPM.

I downloaded a GPS speedometer and took my cart on a quick ride. I was able to get 26 mph on a short flat section and on a slight downhill section saw 28 mph on the speedometer. I do not know how accurate the GPS speedo is but I think that's pretty impressive for 36V. I also think it might be wise to turn her down some. 26 MPH = 5025 RPM and 28 MPH = 5420 RPM.

This is a bit concerning as my long term goal was to go to 48V Lithium but at those RPM's it looks like I'm going to have to get a different motor.
Thoughts?
BlueChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:18 AM   #13
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

FWIW, I had a 36 volt AMD stock motor upgraded to a Bandit and Robbie told me that it will work just fine on 48 volts spinning up to 6500 and enjoy a long life without a problem. So that being said, less voltage equals less RPM.
Capt. Lenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:09 AM   #14
BlueChez1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Capt. Lenny,

Thanks for that info. I had a feeling that Matt was being conservative. I don't think a lot of their customers follow up with a question about Max RPM. I think most just install and go on with it. Interesting about the 2 different answers though.

Is your cart a DCS and I wonder if that would make a difference?
I see your signature and it looks like we have very similar set ups (differences being Alltrax vs Navitas and 36v vs 48V) getting about the same speed results. If you've been running it for a while w/o issues I won't be afraid to do the same!
BlueChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:31 AM   #15
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a link to a nice calculator for speed, rpm, etc. Two sections so you can find any value from two others. Scroll down to the two yellow boxes and work from there. After entering your figures, click anywhere in yellow box to get calculation.

http://www.digitaloverdrivesystems.com/info.html
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #16
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

BlueChez1,

Mine is a series motor that started out as a 36 volt model for a hi speed fleet cart. Speed was not that high at only about 18mph per Waze GPS. I have been running it about a year on 36 volts and another year on 48 volts without any problems. While I don't drive it all the time with the pedal to the metal, it doesn't seem any hotter than the stock motor but I never used a temperature gun to verify it. I will say the Bandit seems more smooth and quieter than when stock.

This was my response from Robbie Steen

You’re fine with 48 volts

6,500 rpms

500 amps
Capt. Lenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO