lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #1
atl944
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Marathon

Hi, this is my first post to the board and I need some help with my golf cart. I am at my wits end.
I have a EZGO Marathon 1994 model electric 36v. When I bought it did not see any issues, then all of a sudden it would not move here and there. Now it won't move at all. I am not hearing any clicking from the solenoid....all the components seem to be working fine, radio, battery meter and lights.
I have replaced the solenoid, key switch, controller and forward reverse switch. Still not hearing the solenoid clicking and no movement. If anybody suggest a little help, I would appreciate it.

thanks

David
atl944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2021, 05:40 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO Marathon HELP!!!!!!

There is a switch in with the throttle potentiometer. You say you've replaced the key switch and solenoid, this pedal switch is between them. Try checking wit a test light or volt meter before randomly replacing more parts.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:36 PM   #3
atl944
Not Yet Wild

Hi and thanks for your reply. Not that good with electrical stuff. Can you provide a little more detail about what you want me to check? thanks again
Old 07-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put your voltmeter on the 2 small solenoid posts.
With the key on, wheels jacked up off the floor.
In gear, pedal down. There should be full battery pack voltage reading between the 2 small posts. If not, this indicates a solenoid activation circuit problem NOT A SOLENOID PROBLEM.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 AM   #5
atl944
Not Yet Wild

@meimk and @scottyb

So I did the solinoid test and got the full battery pack at 38.5v

meimk, I was not sure what you needed me to test?

I also put the voltmeter on the throttle potentiometer, the red and orange wire on the top and hardley got any voltage, .05v

I am attaching two pics for a refrence of the throttle potentiometer, controller, solinoid, key switch and forward/reverse.

Let me know any further steps to figure this out, much appreciated. -d
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2727.jpg (98.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2726.jpg (154.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2021, 02:40 PM   #6
atl944
Not Yet Wild

scottyb, I have read several articles on line about the solenoid and it sounds like if you if you get a full battery pack reading, there is a problem with the solenoid. I would have thought it was the opposite, but I am not the expert on this.

thanks
Old 08-01-2021, 09:01 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The switch I was mentioning is on top of the throttle potentiometer in your second picture. With the key switch "on" you should have pack+ voltage on the red wire. When you step on the pedal that switch should send that pack + voltage out on the orange wire - providing + power to the control side of the solenoid. You'll note that the black wire on the other small post goes to the b- terminal on the controller to complete the circuit.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 12:20 PM   #8
atl944
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Marathon

thanks for your comments.....I fixed the issue.

For some reason the new solenoid was not working, I installed the old back and the cart is working again. So I think the original problem was with the controller.

thanks again

Tags
controller, ezgo, marathon, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO