lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2021, 10:00 PM   #1
Jsip
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Txt speed gets slower every time pedal is let off

Recently purchased a 04 Txt seems to run fine for a couple days but now after charging for a few hours it seems batteries don’t last long. The cart is fast but gets slower and slower every time I let off the gas peddle and get back on it. When charging I get 36 volts on my meter. Batteries are around 2 yes old as well
Jsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2021, 07:26 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Txt speed gets slower every time pedal is let off

If you don't have a Multimeter (MM) buy one. They are cheap....like $15 or so.

Connect the MM to the battery pack and when you throttle to full power see what the voltage drops to.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:31 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsip View Post
Recently purchased a 04 Txt seems to run fine for a couple days but now after charging for a few hours it seems batteries don’t last long. The cart is fast but gets slower and slower every time I let off the gas peddle and get back on it. When charging I get 36 volts on my meter. Batteries are around 2 yes old as well
if in fact your batteries are at 36v....thats your problem, as a fully charged 36v pack will be at 38.2v at 100% charge....and at 36v when 50% which is consired DEAD and you should never let them go below that at rest.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:15 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

[QUOTE=Jsip;1842368]Recently purchased a 04 Txt seems to run fine for a couple days but now after charging for a few hours it seems batteries don’t last long. The cart is fast but gets slower and slower every time I let off the gas peddle and get back on it. When charging I get 36 volts on my meter. Batteries are around 2 yes old as well[/QUOT

You stated "after few hours of charging", full charge usually takes 8-10 hours. Always put cart on charge after each usage, 5 minutes or 5 hours of driving. Look at "Stickies" for batteries stuff, will save you a lot of money and time in the long run.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO